database error when attempting to access forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• database error when attempting to access forum

Got the following error when trying to access my forum at http://www.rotojunkie.com/forums/index.php

I can't get into the phpinfo file to get all the php and mysql information.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Database error in vBulletin 2.2.1:

Invalid SQL: INSERT INTO session (sessionhash,userid,host,useragent,lastactivity,location,styleid) VALUES ('6a8ad69c8ce8bc9bd7af289fd3e891ce','1','209.186.54.187','Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows NT 5.0;','1011797423','/forums/index.php',5)
    mysql error: Got error -1 from table handler

mysql error number: 1030

Date: Wednesday 23rd of January 2002 08:50:23 AM
    Script: http://www.rotojunkie.com/forums/forums/index.php
    Referer:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried running repair.php but it didn't seem to do anything. I think my server's version of MySQL may be too old. Not certain on that.

Anyone got any help for me?

Does the "forums/forums" in the error message indicate something is going on?
    Last edited by bdjncox; Wed 23rd Jan '02, 7:09am.

When running repair.php what happens? Blank screen or...?

Comment

It displays the following:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      repair.php for mysql 3.23 or greater

This script will attempt to repair corrupted databases. While it can repair most common errors, it can not repair everything. As a side benefit it will also optimize your tables. This script is unsupported by jelsoft.

Usage:

iterations=x (x is the number of times you wish for the script to attempt to repair a broken table)
      nohtml=1 (Output text only no html. Useful for cronjobs and you wish to receive text only)
      forum=x (x is the name of the database to check. Leave it off to use the default database of your vBulletin forum)
      check=1 (without this you will get this screen and no checking)

Example Usage:

repair.php?html=1&check=1 (most common usage, will check a forum and return html results)
      repair.php?check=1&iterations=4&forum=vbdatabase (check the database "vbdatabase", try to repair damaged tables 4 times)
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But, that's all. Nothing else to do. Just stays on this page.

Comment

Well you have to follow the instructions

Anyway repair.php will do nothing for the session table. It also won't work if the user table us corrupted. Your next step would be to empty the session table via phpMyAdmin. You will not lose any data.

Comment

Right...you have to chose one of the options and use that as the URL.

e.g.
          yoursite.com/forums/repair.php?html=1&check=2

Comment

Originally posted by freddie
            Well you have to follow the instructions

Anyway repair.php will do nothing for the session table. It also won't work if the user table us corrupted. Your next step would be to empty the session table via phpMyAdmin. You will not lose any data.
            I know this has got to be frustrating for you guys, but I don't know how to use phpMyAdmin. I believe it is installed on my server. Do you guys have a URL or reference you could point me to that will show me how to accomplish a few things in phpMyAdmin?

Comment

Funny you should say that! (big )

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=18558

Sorry about the missing images...just realized that they were hosted off that domain (that is no longer active) and so I have to go find them and post them elsewhere

Comment

Thanks.

I installed phpMyAdmin and emptied the sesssion table. Worked like a charm.

Thanks guys!!!

Comment

np

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X