...delete a column in a template?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...delete a column in a template?

I'm not sure if I worded my problem correctly.

Whenever a forum is entered, the default template shows:

Thread | Thread Starter | Replies | Views | Ratings | Last Post

65%-70% of my visitors view the forums with 800X600 resolution. The "Thread Starter" column takes up about 20% of screen real estate causing the more important "Thread" column's content to get scrunched up.

I'd like to delete the "Thread Starter" column and try the forums without it for a while.

Is there a simple way of doing this? (and un-doing it if I don't like it)

Here's a link to my forums if anyone care's to have a look;
    TigerForums.com

Thanks very much for any assistance...

Brett

This should work (didn't try it though):
    in forumdisplay_threadslist delete
    Code:
    	<td bgcolor="{tableheadbgcolor}" nowrap><smallfont><a href="$sorturl&sortorder=asc&sortfield=postusername"><font color="{tableheadtextcolor}"><b>Thread Starter</b></font></a> $sortarrow[postusername]</smallfont></td>
    in forumdisplaybit delete
    Code:
    	<td bgcolor="{secondaltcolor}" width="30%" nowrap><normalfont>$thread[postedby]</normalfont></td>
    in searchresults_threadonly delete
    Code:
    	<td bgcolor="{tableheadbgcolor}" nowrap><smallfont color="{tableheadtextcolor}"><b>Thread Starter</b></smallfont></td>
    in searchresultbit_threadonly delete
    Code:
    	<td bgcolor="{secondaltcolor}" nowrap><normalfont><a href="member.php?s=$session[sessionhash]&action=getinfo&userid=$searchresult[postuserid]">$searchresult[usrname]</a></normalfont></td>
    in subscribe_threads delete
    Code:
    	<td bgcolor="{tableheadbgcolor}" nowrap><smallfont color="{tableheadtextcolor}"><b>Thread Starter</b></smallfont></td>
    in subscribe_threadbit delete
    Code:
    	<td bgcolor="{secondaltcolor}" nowrap><normalfont><a href="member.php?action=getinfo&find=firstposter&threadid=$thread[threadid]">$thread[postusername]</a></normalfont></td>

Again, this *should* remove the "Thread Starter" part from anywhere on the board. You'd best try it with a new styleset though.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X