Edit Thread Title But Does Not Edit Breadcrumb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit Thread Title But Does Not Edit Breadcrumb

Whenever I edit a title in my forum, it does not change the breadcrumb trail.

ie.

vBulletin Community Forum > vBulletin 2 > vBulletin 2 Troubleshooting and Problems <-- this part is not getting changed when edited.

You are changing the title of a forum but it's not changing in the breadcrumb?

Are you sure it's being saved? Does the new name show elsewhere?

Comment

Yes, the edit shows up on the Thread title and everywhere else, just not in the breadcrumb...

Comment

Correction, under a search (new threads), it still shows the undedited thread title.

Comment

OK wait. I thought this might be the case - you are talking about threads, not forums as you originally indicated. Note I specifically asked about forums and you said yes?

OK this is easy. There is a setting in the Admin CP that allows you to edit the first post in a thread for X minutes and have it affect the title of the thread as well. After that time, it only affects the title of the post.

I bet it shows the wrong title on forumdisplay as well?

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
            OK wait. I thought this might be the case - you are talking about threads, not forums as you originally indicated. Note I specifically asked about forums and you said yes?

OK this is easy. There is a setting in the Admin CP that allows you to edit the first post in a thread for X minutes and have it affect the title of the thread as well. After that time, it only affects the title of the post.

I bet it shows the wrong title on forumdisplay as well?
            Ok, but shouldn't an admin or mod be able to override this?

Comment

Possibly, but currently it does not work that way.

Comment

A mod or admin can overide it. You have to go down and click on admin options > edit thread, and chane it from there. I do it all the time, although I wish that it would work the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Clinard
                  A mod or admin can overide it. You have to go down and click on admin options > edit thread, and chane it from there. I do it all the time, although I wish that it would work the other way.
                  This does work! Why doesn't it work this way and not the other way tubedogg?

Comment

one is for the thread title and one is for the post subject of the first post.

Comment

Originally posted by SirSteve
                      This does work! Why doesn't it work this way and not the other way tubedogg?
                      Because it wasn't designed that way. As I stated previously, an admin or mod cannot override the thread title not changing by editing the first post in a thread if the time set in the Admin CP has expired. And, as Jake said, there are two titles: the title of the thread and the title of the first post.

Comment

Ok, just seems like an admin or mod should be able to change it via the "Edit" button and it changes it everywhere.

At least I can change it through the pull-down.

Comment

Working...
                        X