Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange problems

PHP Info: www.the-group.org/phpinfo.php

We recently suffered problems with our ISP at The-Group.org and are now running on a backup server hosted by a diffferent company. I wanted to transfer our forums over, as opposed to reinstalling them, so that I wouldn't have to redo all the styles and suchlike. I have now done this - I imported a mysql dump of the old DB and uploaded the forum files... However, when i try to visit the forums at www.the-group.org/forums/ i just get a blank page. I can access the admin area and all the setup looks correct - all the forums are there and the mods are all right and the styles are ok so it looks like the database import worked correctly. I've tried commenting out the error_reporting lines in index.php and global.php but I get no errors - the wierd thing is that some pages work fine. If you go to a thread, it displays perfectly apart from a broken image... but forumdisplay.php and index.php are blank, as is the search page.

Any ideas?

Addition:
    I should mention that we have 2 vb licenses: one for project404.org and one for the-group.org, but i can't remember the customer number for TG... I can for p404 though. Is that a problem? Both boards should be registered to 'Theo Geurts'.
    Last edited by Arta; Mon 21 Jan '02, 2:49pm.

has the index.php file been hacked in any way ? might want to try uploading an unedited index.php in ASCII mode in your ftp app
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

No, no hacks have been added.

Just tried uploading index.php again in ascii mode, no joy.

Comment

try this.. install a fresh vB forum in a private test location same version as the one your forums are using and view the index page on the private test copy. .does that work ?
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X