• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do the banned see!

what message do banned members see when they visit the forum
    | System 0 |

Here?

That they don't have permission to view the page, no matter what page it is.

Comment

i wasnt sure if it said they were banned
      | System 0 |

Comment

Why not just make a new member then ban him muahahahha! then you ca nbe sure they see whatever. i have in my template a simple redirect to my main site.
        http://www.voogru.com
        http://forums.voogru.com

Comment

Banned users ..

hey there,

I have a few questions concerning banning of users.

Besides banning host addresses or e-mail addresses, a moderator can actually ban a user.

That last one, banning a user through the Mod Control Panel, what happens ..

If the user just known to the forum as being a banned user.. and therefor can't view a page .. or does banning a user means that one bans the IP of that user or its E-mail address? .. And yes, what does the user actually see when he joins any page...

Comment

He sees a no-permission page, as I said previously...

When a moderator bans a user they are put in a 'banned by moderators' group which has all permissions set to no.

Comment

fnx

perfect
              fnx

Comment

I recently set up a new usergroup which restricts access - allows viewing of the boards but no access to any of the features such as PM or email or posting. I placed a couple of members within this usergroup. I also banned their IP numbers because I do not want them to register under a new identity in an attempt to circumvent the restrictions I placed on them. I now know that banning their IP numbers results in disabling them from viewing the boards altogether. I would like to allow them to view the boards but restrict them from registering again. Is there a way???
                Eat Your Veggies

Comment

As long as they have some cookie on their computer from your forum they will not be able to register again (assuming you don't allow multiple registrations per user). Otherwise no there is no way to allow them to view it but prevent them from registering again.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X