This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browser problems

Apologies if I've posted this in the wrong area...

I tried using the bandwidth saving tip on my forums (CSS/font tags). Of course this caused problems for my Nutscrape users, and I tried using the class codes (.nf, .sf in my headinclude), and no go.

I decided I'd rather accommodate my lazy, browser-inept users than to worry about trying to make it work (yes, I know... ) So I took the code out.

Now my problem is it still won't work for NS4.7 and older. These are users who could access the forums fine before I made the change. I reverted back to my original headinclude template.
    What the heck did I do that I can't undo.

Forums Here

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Michelle

I also just noticed that uploaded images don't view in Netscape at all, even in NS 6.2

Comment

Re: Browser problems

Note to self - do not go to this site as the owner/webmaster makes public disparaging remarks about her users simply becuase she doesn't have clue on how to write a proper, standards based webpage.

Originally posted by Michelle69
      Apologies if I've posted this in the wrong area...

I tried using the bandwidth saving tip on my forums (CSS/font tags). Of course this caused problems for my Nutscrape users, and I tried using the class codes (.nf, .sf in my headinclude), and no go.

I decided I'd rather accommodate my lazy, browser-inept users than to worry about trying to make it work (yes, I know... ) So I took the code out.

Now my problem is it still won't work for NS4.7 and older. These are users who could access the forums fine before I made the change. I reverted back to my original headinclude template.
      What the heck did I do that I can't undo.

Forums Here

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
      Michelle

Comment

do not go to this site as the owner/webmaster makes public disparaging remarks about her users
        You know, the advice I got from several other VB/site owners is to 'screw my Netscape users' because if they don't know enough to use a real web browser they don't deserve to view my forums anyway. I wrote what I did in my post in anticipation of being told the same thing over again - as I've read a thousand times over on these forums about Netscape users.

Yeah, it's frustrating because all it takes is a simple download to upgrade web browsers that would fix my problem and save me a lot of freakin work.

INSTEAD - I am trying to figure out a way to undo the changes I made so my Netscape users don't have to do anything they don't want to do in order to view my forums. Which is what this is about.

Thanks for the support.

Can anyone else help me with this?

Thanks.
        Michelle
        Last edited by Michelle69; Wed 16th Jan '02, 2:29pm.

Comment

The easiest way to fix your problems is to revert all your templates and perform any customizations again. The default templates have been tested in Netscape. Even the modifications that you made should work in Netscape 4.XX and certainly Netscape 6.X.

Also if your images are not showing up make sure there is no trailing slash on your images path. Internet Explorer will compensate for this but Netscape browsers will not.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Note to self - don't ask TheBear for help
            http://www.metalforums.com/images/81x31_2.gif

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Re: Re: Browser problems

Originally posted by TheBear
                Note to self - do not go to this site as the owner/webmaster makes public disparaging remarks about her users simply becuase she doesn't have clue on how to write a proper, standards based webpage.

You know what I did? I helped her and we got everything to work. That seems to be much more productive than trolling her like you, troll. There's a novel concept. If you have some knowledge, share it.
                FWC
                White Sox Interactive Forums

Comment

Re: Re: Browser problems

Originally posted by TheBear

Oh yeah, because what you just did was the right thing, right? Next time, do as all a favor and just leave the post alone if you don't know the answer, which would appear to be the case.

Comment

Oh no he didn't...

Be prepared to feel the wrath of many men if you dare speak to Michelle with that tone of voice again....little child.

Comment

Originally posted by qwaz
                      Oh no he didn't...

Be prepared to feel the wrath of many men if you dare speak to Michelle with that tone of voice again....little child.
                      Ya know qwaz, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Comment

Working...
                      X