Stage 2 fail to connect to DB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stage 2 fail to connect to DB

this is what I'm getting on stage 2......

Attempting to attach to database...

You have specified a non existent database. Trying to create one now...

Trying to connect again...

Connect failed again! Please ensure that the database and server is correctly configured and try again.

Click to go to the vBulletin website
    Could it be something to do with my username / pass - maybe the pass is wrong? Or is it a bigger config problem...

Make sure you edited your config.php file to point to your db server, your db name and you have the correct password as well.
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

It looks like you haven't created a database. If you host give you the ability to do this via a website control panel, you need to do so there.
      If they don't give you the ability to create your own, you need to get them to create a database for you and input the information they provide in the appropraite places in the config.php file.
      Webmaster:
      @forumz

Comment

Still no joy I'm afraid .... there is no password on MySQL ... Also , I created a new DB from my hosts vAdmin , and still getting the same response from installer... Have also manually updated the config and still no fun...

weird..

Comment

sorted

sorted on new server ... thanks for advice

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X