Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum subscription

Hello!

We experience some problems when users try to subscribe to some our forums...

When I try to investigate this and log as a regular user, I click submit link, then see 'your address was added to the subscription list'. However after that i didn't receive the notification when new thread in this forum was started

Is there any way to find 'subscription list' and edit it manually?

Where can i read more info on how the subscription should work?

Thanks in advance.

Vasi

Currently, subscribing to a forum does not include email notification. All it really does is put a list of those forums in the user's cp.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

All it really does is put a list of those forums in the user's cp.
      What does it mean? What for should user have the list of those forums in his user cp?

TIA
      Vasi

Comment

It means just what I said, it list those forums in the user's cp. The only reason I can think of for this is so that the user can link directly to the User CP and only has to wade through the forums he or she is interested in, rather than all the forums on the board.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I would really like it

I would appreciate if a forum subscription would include an email notification if a new thread is started (and only if a new thread is started!). In my eyes this would be the only sense of a forum subscription...

I played a little bit with forum subscriptions and wondered me about 2 hours long why the emails won´t find to me, if there is a new thread in the subscribed forum. Now i found the answer...

Marco
          JaCoTec Webmaster
          http://community.jacotec.de

Comment

there is a hack for this at vbulletin.org
            There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              Currently, subscribing to a forum does not include email notification. All it really does is put a list of those forums in the user's cp.
              I have a problem with my forums, and when someone try to subscribe to a forum or a theme or unsubscribe, we get an error message that we do not have acces to that area, even with me that I'm the administrator.

Comment

Have yoiu doublechecked your permissions? Have you installed any hacks (including portals) or added any code to the headinclude, header or phpinclude templates? If not, fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. If you have installed hacks or added code, then remove the hacks first then check and see if you still have this problem. If so, leave the default vB files in place and fill out the support request.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X