I'm in deep crap... need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm in deep crap... need help

We'll, here's my problem.... my registered members got 3/4 deleted, so I uploaded my backup files of user.frm, user.isd, user.ism.

Well, I just figured out that those are the older version of MySQL files... and now it's in the newer version of MySQL and it doesn't let it change attributes and stuff so that it keeps giving me the "Table 'user' is ready only" error.

IS there a way I can convert the files into the newer MySQL files? Or another solution? My entire huge boards are depending on a solution...thanks.

1. i hope you shut down mysql before you touched those mysql data files

2. just uploading those on a newer database of vB is going to cause problems.. best to restore the entire database from a backup instead

how did 3/4 members get wiped ??
    Last edited by George L; Wed 9th Jan '02, 8:17pm.
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

One of my admins freaking accidently pruned them.

Well, I heard there's a way to convert the files to the newer version. Is there a way?

Comment

you can use the perl script included with mysql called

mysql_convert_table_format

command to convert to MYISAM table format
        Code:
        mysql_convert_table_format --user='username' --password='password' dbname
        but that is to convert all tables in a database not just one...
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

I also have a backup of my forums on my server, is there a way to dump ONLY the user table?

Also, do I type that command in telnet? Or do I have to ask my host to do it.

Comment

as i said only backuping up user table to reimport is not good since all of the posts and stuff attached to members are out of sync..

if you backup is *ISM format from older mysql version do this

1. convert tables using the above perl script command which you must have privileges to run.. try it if you get an error then your host needs to do that

2. do a backup after converting

mysqldump --opt -u mysqlusername -p databasename > /path/to/backup.sql

3. keep a copy of backup.sql locally for safety

4. create new database i.e. newdatabasename

5. restore backup.sql into newdatabasename

mysql -u mysqlusername -p newdatabasename < /path/to/backup.sql

Comment

Alright thanks, I will give this a try.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X