X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to import UBB5 Archives?

Just migrated from UBB5 to 2.2.1

Noticed two small issues

1. None of my archives were imported. How should I go about getting them over to the new db? I've heard of the Carnell Utils.. but I would rather see the guys up here at vBulletin have a util, as I trust their programming much more.

2. Just and FYI, the importing of moderators worked fine, but those that had spaces or "!" in their usernames were dropped from the list of mods for the forums. I fixed that problem manually, but just wanted to make it known.
    Matt Baskett
    www.torquecentral.com

i'm assuming you downloaded and ran the scripts here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/imports.php

right?

Comment

yep, that's what I used
      Matt Baskett
      www.torquecentral.com

Comment

hmm....haven't done it before but hey, willing to give my 2 cents on it. just don't get pissed like others do. lol

if i were you while i wait for some decent answer i would try installing VBB again then try to import again (if possible)

or have you tried that?

Comment

Yep done that already.

There's no way I'm getting upset about this! I'm happy as ever about the switch to a REAL software I was just hoping that there was someway to get the archives over, as there's some really good info in mine that I would hate to lose. But for now, it's no biggie.
          Matt Baskett
          www.torquecentral.com

Comment

hmm....i have a few friends who upgraded to VB from UBB and there were several posts lost in the transition

I'm still waitnig for a real support guy to reply to this thread though. lol

Comment

I imported my forums from UBB 5.45c but I never had used the UBB archive feature. I'm not sure how the import script deals with this.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

so how'd u import it?

Comment

I just ran the import script without any problems. As I said though, I did not have any archives. And for some ungodly reason, InfoPop did not treat their UBB 5.xx archives like regular closed forums. They did some really stupid things with them like not allowing archived messages to be deleted. I just don't know what the answer is.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
                    I just ran the import script without any problems.
                    My script ran pretty flawlessly (as in everything else came across just fine) and was pretty simple and quick

As I said though, I did not have any archives. And for some ungodly reason, InfoPop did not treat their UBB 5.xx archives like regular closed forums. They did some really stupid things with them like not allowing archived messages to be deleted.
                    That's the truth! Archives were a PITA to deal with in UBB. Unfortunately I have some info in my old archives that would be sure nice to have in vB
                    Matt Baskett
                    www.torquecentral.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X