Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tubedogg
    replied
    Just your main forums directory not the /admin directory.

Leave a comment:

• GrphicImprssion
    replied
    stupid question Please help

Sorry for the apparent stupidity this will broadcast, but...Does the fixed global.php that I downloaded (from above posts) do i replace both globl.php's ( the one in the main forum directory, and the one in the admin folder? or is it just for one of them?

thank you in advance!!

Graphic Impressions

Leave a comment:

• GK_3GO
    replied
    Looks like we have a winner. I got confirmation from one of my members that he was able to retreive his password.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    All known bugs with fixes will have those fixes in the next version - 2.2.2. My understanding is that this will be available sometime this month.

Leave a comment:

• GK_3GO
    replied
    Thanks Wally! Do you know if this will be fixed in the next release?

Leave a comment:

• Wally Hartshorn
    replied
    Go to this thread:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=34722

and you'll find instructions about a change you need to make to global.php . Do that, and it should work fine.

Leave a comment:

• GK_3GO
    replied
    I just did the UBB to vBulletin conversion and a boatload of members are having the very same problem. They click the e-mail to reset their password and they never get the e-mail with the new password.

What can I do?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    They didn't make multiple versions with the same number which is why it's not in the 2.2.1 download. This fix will be in 2.2.2 sometime this month.

Leave a comment:

• Wally Hartshorn
    replied
    That fixed the problem! Bravo! However...

I downloaded 2.2.1 on January 3. The fixed global.php file was supposedly posted on November 28. Did it never make it into the 2.2.1 distribution file?

(And could someone explain to me why they continue to make multiple versions of the same release, without bumping up the version number?)

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by Joshua Clinard
    Apparantly, Steve has not been paying attention to the bug report forums.
    D'OH!!

Actually I do remember that now, but it's been a long time since I checked the bugs forum. Good catch!

Leave a comment:

• Joshua Clinard
    replied
    Apparantly, Steve has not been paying attention to the bug report forums.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=34722

That should fix it.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Yep, exact same situation. One of my sites is completely closed to guest viewing any of the forums or even the forum home page. As with you, they get the login screen when they try to access the site. (Sorry I know it's not what you wanted to hear! )

Leave a comment:

• Wally Hartshorn
    replied
    Re: Re: Could the lack of guest access be a problem?

Your theory about closed forums is a good one, excpt that one of my forums is also closed to guests.
    Hmmm.. Just to make sure we're both using the same terms, I'm using "forums" to refer to the whole board, not just a particular, uh... er, "forum" within the board, if you know what I mean. (What is the right terminology?)

In other words, under "User Groups -> Modify", if I select "Unregistered / Not Logged In", I would see that "Can view board" = "No", "Can view members info (including other's profiles and members list)" = "No", "Can view others' threads" = "No", etc.

In short, guests can't see anything except the login screen. Is that the situation for you? (The proper answer is, "Oh, no, I was just talking about an individual forum within the board. Your idea must be correct!" )

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Re: Could the lack of guest access be a problem?

Originally posted by Wally Hartshorn
    Wrong answer, Steve! You're supposed to say, "I had the same problem, and here's how you fix it."
    Actually the only reason I responded at all is because you asked if anyone else had this problem. Next time just tell me what the acceptable answers are.

Your theory about closed forums is a good one, excpt that one of my forums is also closed to guests. I honestly don't know what the problem is. All I can suggest is that you make sure your email templates are reverted. Perhaps this will fix the problem.

Leave a comment:

• Wally Hartshorn
    replied
    Could the lack of guest access be a problem?

Wrong answer, Steve! You're supposed to say, "I had the same problem, and here's how you fix it."

One thing I just thought of that is perhaps a bit different about my forum in comparison to others. Because our forum is an internal forum on our organization's intranet, only open to employees, we don't allow anyone to access anything unless they're logged in. As a guest, the only thing you can see is the login screen. It occurs to me that this is probably rare. Is it possible that this is a bug in 2.2.1 that only effects those of us who run closed forums?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X