losing files from folders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• losing files from folders

When I went to my FTP program today, I noticed that files at the bottom (alphabetically) in a couple folders had disappeared. I tried re-uploading them, but they still didn't appear. I was uploading in ASCII (though I tried Binary and it din't work either). The weird thing is that it doesn't seem to be affecting the performance of the boards.

This is the second time this has happened to me. The first time I thought it was because I had a crappy host, but this time I'm on a reasonable one. The boards aren't open yet so there shouldn't be a space problem.

Is there any way these files could be hidden?

I'm running 2.2.1 and I'm missing
    root/usercp.php
    vbcode.js and
    vbcode_language.js

and

admin/upgrade13.php
    upgrade14.php
    user.php
    usergroup.php
    usertitle.php and
    vbulletin.style

Any help would be greatly appreciated - I'm really afraid I'm going to start getting errors.

Are you absolutely sure they are missing? Do you need to maybe scroll down in the window to see them? (OK, I'm grasping at straws here! ) What FTP client are you using?

Unless you have not already finished installing vBulletin you should delete upgrade13.php and upgrade14.php off your server anyway.

Comment

lol - I've tried scrolling, resizing the window - nothing. Cause yeah it seems like they're there - but I can't get at them.

I'm using Trellian FTP v 2.6.1

Okay...just checked again, and they're there. And it's the files I was uploading earlier today (at my work computer). Hmmm...I wonder if I have some sort of setting chosen on the program at work that's making me miss that. Because, yes, I did scroll to the bottom before! lol Really, I did. Because the other weird thing was that it wasn't asking me whether I wanted to overwrite the files I was uploading, which it normally would if they were already on there.

Sorry for bothering you guys about this - thanks tubedogg for trying to help stupid me At least I learned I should delete those two files lol

Comment

np

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X