give a new usergroup other permissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• give a new usergroup other permissions

okay here we go.. i want to give a new usergroup an xtra permission to edit other members messages.......
    i know giving them mods status will do the trick but thats what i dont want to do..... so i would like to know where and how i should do it to others then mods/supermods/admins????

All right here:

Admin CP > User Groups > Modify > (User Group)

Change their permissions around.

Need a job done? Get in contact with me and we'll see what we can work out.

Comment

nope that wont work as there isnt an option to set that they can edit others posts

Comment

btw im using v.2.1.0

Comment

2.0.1 perhaps? There is no 2.1.0.

Anyway there is no way to do this without making everyone a moderator which would get real messy real fast. You'll need to ask at vbulletin.org for help with a hack to do it.

Comment

Also you should really upgrade to 2.2.1 as there are security issues in < 2.2.0

Comment

well its that i cant upgrade cuz i have installed more then 30 hacks also a lot of them are custom made so it would be weeks of work noit to mention all the errors i have to go true again

Comment

and my motto is if it aint broken dont fix it

Comment

You're not the only one who hacks their board. A large percentage of owners do, including myself. You use tools such as BeyondCompare or Araxis Merge to assist you but to not make your board more secure because of hacks is rather silly IMHO.

Comment

and i just checked and i use the v2.0.3 version

Comment

well im sure my board is secure
                      and it is fast and works really fine and some hacks costed weeks only to make them so yes it would be a pain in the as to upgrade i rather would work on security stuff if that would be in place.....

Comment

btw all i need to know is where should i search wich file is it where that is defined?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X