Default new forum settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default new forum settings

I'm sure this has been posted here 1,000 times, but I've read the FAQ, the manual, the Read Me, and searched the forums on "default and forums and settings" and other various combinations and found nothing. I've also looked at every template (except the right one, obviously?) and I can't figure this out.

I would like to change the default values for new forums so that they're created with the settings I want for all forums ... ie - no uploads, no downloads, etc. As it stands now, I have to create the forum then go back and tweak each setting individually.

Can someone please tell me what obvious thing I've overlooked.

thanks!
    -rob.

Never mind ... figured out that my train of thought was incorrect. Once I started thinking about a user's permissions, and not a forum's permissions, it all made sense.

-rob.

Comment

Default values for creating new forums?!

Originally posted by griffman
      I would like to change the default values for new forums so that they're created with the settings I want for all forums ... ie - no uploads, no downloads, etc. As it stands now, I have to create the forum then go back and tweak each setting individually.
      This was posted but never answered. We add 90 forums at a time and I can't see how to preset the default settings we want for each forum (so that we don't have to go in 90 times and check the "no html" box for example). I assumed that these settings would be inherited from the parent, but this doesn't seem to be the case. :-(

-Kevin Pfeiffer
      International University Bremen

Comment

You need to hack forum.php to change the defaults. Also HTML *is* off by default unless you've already hacked this file.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Also HTML *is* off by default unless you've already hacked this file.
          Thanks! Yea, I knew that would be a bad example, but too late now.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X