Users on line ... another ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Users on line ... another ?

We run 2.2.1 .... and have enable the view users online .... which is fine at bottom of home page but ..... it is also now meant I believe to show users online at head of each seperate forum page table display.

We had only a reference to ''x'' many members and ''x'' guests!! I had expected we would get names of members.

In control panel this is the option given ..............

-------------------------------
    Show users browsing forums?
    Enabling this option will show the current users browsing a particular forum on forumdisplay.php while adding one query. Should not affect performance.
    ---------------------------------------
    Now this is the catch phrase.

>>while adding one query<<

What does that actually mean ... is this ''query'' as in a ''?'' or are we talking query as in PHP code?

Anyone enlighten me on this at all! It's hardly life threatening but is annoying!!

Oh and .. when a thread contribution is submitted, and the interim page comes up ''we are now taking you back to .... etc'' ....... prior to returning to the thread. I get (in IE 5.5) an error .. line 11 I think ... ''object expected'' or similar. Not every time though. Usually just click on thru but wonder if anyone else had this.

User names are shown. Look at this page for example.

A 'query' is how data is retrieved from a database. A very simple query would be
    SELECT username FROM user;
    The item description means there is one extra query added per page view of forumdisplay.php if you have the option turned on. For most sites this won't matter but on larger sites and/or those who are having problems keeping load down it is another feature to turn off if need be.

Comment

Tubedogg ..... thank you sir ... i shall look into this further.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X