Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I set up an email response for members who subscribe to a forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tubedogg
    replied
    As you might know the subscribeforum table already has an email column just as subscribethread does. It was not utilized in v2.0 because of time constraints but it is already there ready for use.

Leave a comment:

• boatdesignnet
    replied
    Are there any plans to make "subscribe to forum" more functional in Version 3? One thing which would be really cool is if users could subscribe to a forum and then at the end of the day or week they would receive a list of threads started in the forums they subscribed to:
    Hello Name,

Today the following threads were discussed in the vBulletin2 How Do I Questions Forum:
    -What does Subscribe to Forum Do (thread title linked to thread)
    -How do I add a template set?
    -Post Counts are not working
    -etc., etc.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    read my mind

You guys!

I was about to post the same question here. After testing subscription not much happened, and I didn't know or couldn't find some info.

However, now I know

Leave a comment:

• rick barclay
    replied
    Thanks tubbdogg. I just hope I can unsubscribe to all those Forums now! .

rick barclay

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    Currently subscribing to a forum merely lists it on the front page of your User CP ( yoursite.com/usercp.php ), nothing more.

Subscribing to a thread on the other hand sends email notifications of new replies.

Leave a comment:

• rick barclay
    replied
    Oh. Thank you so much. I though you were emailed when
    you subscribed to anything. What does happen when you subscribe to a forum, so I can relay this info to my members?
    I'm assuming that I will be emailed when I subscribe to a thread. Is that correct? Thanks for you help, and have a Happy New Year.

rick barclay

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    There is no email notification when you subscribe to a forum. Try subscribing to a thread and tell us what happens.

Leave a comment:

• How do I set up an email response for members who subscribe to a forum?

Hi, again. My members are complaining that when they
    subscribe to a forum or thread, there is no email response.
    I have set myself up to subscribe to several forums and found this to be true. I haven't received one email yet. I've searched
    throught the Administrative Control Panel but haven't found anything useful. Could you help me out on this, please.
    Thanks a lot and Happy New Year.

rick barclay