Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Altering the FAQ file

Hi there,

One of the things that will change on my site will be the smilies. I have a custom set of smilies of which I have permission by their respected owners to use on my forum. With the but! that I will credit them properly on my FAQ page.

After having set up the vBB and now that everything works just great. I have been looking for the pages where I could find the FAQ info, so I could add a few '<p>credits goto..' credit-lines. So far I could not find it! Maybe I am overlooking something, but I hope someone knows and could provide me with some info on where to change this.

I thank you.

All the info in the FAQ is taken from the templates that start with "faq", namely faq, faq1, faq2 and faq3. They are grouped under the FAQ Templates group.
    The info about the smilies can be found in the faq3 template, but I think you will be more interested in the smilies templates, that shows all of them. (http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/misc....on=showsmilies)
    Chen Avinadav
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

Edit the templates in your Admin Control Panel....

faq, fa1,faq2,faq3.

You can add new pages to the faq just by creating a new template called faqX where X is the page number.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thank you .. and an additional question

Originally posted by FireFly
        All the info in the FAQ is taken from the templates that start with "faq", namely faq, faq1, faq2 and faq3. They are grouped under the FAQ Templates group.
        The info about the smilies can be found in the faq3 template, but I think you will be more interested in the smilies templates, that shows all of them. (http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/misc....on=showsmilies)

Thank you very much for the swift reply. I will soon look into this and try to alter it properly.

[update] I have found the smilies section ! and was able to alter it, thank you !!! [/update]

I have an additional question, on my forum, I see that the URL's are long and with a lot of session info wsedjh23489yuefhsdjh?=blah stuff. While on vbulletin.org this isn't the case. Is this done thru some setting in the Admin- CP ?
        Last edited by Floris; Tue 1st Jan '02, 1:32pm.

Comment

It's a per user setting set during registration and/or in the User CP under Edit Options. If the string is in the URL it means that cookies are turned off in the options.

Comment

per user setting !

Originally posted by tubedogg
            It's a per user setting set during registration and/or in the User CP under Edit Options. If the string is in the URL it means that cookies are turned off in the options.

Thank you very much!

I have been going through the options in the admin CP and I only found something that came close to it, but that was set correctly!

Now that I have changed it, everything is fine again! - dumb that I overlooked it - As you can see <--- true newbie to the vbb but getting there.

Oh, and thank you for replying.

Comment

np

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X