posticon.gif template location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• posticon.gif template location

Ive got a problem. I cant figure out which template posticon.gif is called. Both posticon.gif and on.gif are displayed next to each other in the thread display. I only want posticon.gif and need to alter the template. Anyone know? I don't think it's postbit...

Thanks,
    Peter

Try using the template search

If you still cant find it, i'll look it up for ya.
    Bike Forums.net

Comment

I tried that but either Im doing it wrong or there were no results....

Comment

Your talking about the new post, and old post icons in postbit, right? (by default, next to the time in the lower left hand side of the post).

If so, its one varible, $post[foldericon] , should be in your postbit template
        Bike Forums.net

Comment

Yeah, Im talking about that little piece-of-paper icon that signifies old or new posts. For some reason though, to the left of that icon
          there is my off.gif/on.gif icon appearing. If you leave the mouse on that image you get the pop-up "(member) is offline". Id like to get rid of this icon and just have the old post/new post icon by itself. Do you know anything about that? Is that normal?

Thanks,
          Peter

Comment

Im not sure i understand the situation. Do you have two icons in each postbit? As for the alt text (the pop up box, Old Post, New Post), I think that may be hard coded into the php script, i was unable to find it in my templates. odd.

I'll keep looking around.
            Bike Forums.net

Comment

This image signifies that the user is online:

[img]images/on.gif[/img]

and offline:

[img]images/off.gif[/img]

Are you sure you want to remove that functionality?

Comment

Well, Im not sure. It was mostly an aesthetic choice. Is it's purpose to let a user know that another user is on the boards in case they might want to send an instant message or something?

How are you all using this function?

Thanks,
                Peter

Comment

Another thing that I might like to do would be to change the graphic that that function calls. I would rather not use on.gif/off.gif to indicate new/old messages AND whether or not a user is online. Anyone know how? Thanks alot.
                  Peter

PS this function seems to appear left of the "profile" button on this board. Is this a new location for the newest version of VB?
                  Thanks.
                  Last edited by petermw; Sun 30th Dec '01, 11:24am.

Comment

It has been there since 2.0

Comment

Im currently using 2.03 and the on/off graphic is still sppearing to the left of posticon.gif. It's possible that I didn't upload all of the files. Which file would it be that would fix this? Thanks alot for your attentive responses.

Peter

Comment

Working...
                      X