No announcement yet.

Extreme Problems -- Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been 5 hours...we do have lives outside of vBulletin, you know.

Are you getting any errors running myisamchk? I don't know much about it, you'll have to see if George can suggest anything as he is kind of the resident MySQL guru.

Comment

I recieved no errors running the myisamchk command.

Any way of contacting George?
      Founder of Gamertag Nation
      Gamertag Nation lets you effortlessly keep a record of what you play and achieve on Xbox Live. Are you ready for a better gaming experience?

Comment

Now, all I need to know is how do I create the table, "smilies". I can get all my smilies back in and everything, just need someone to help me install the smilies table again.
        Gamertag Nation lets you effortlessly keep a record of what you play and achieve on Xbox Live. Are you ready for a better gaming experience?

Comment

Ok, I figured out how to install the table back in place..

One final thing..

Warning: Offset 0 is invalid for MySQL result index 29 in /home/sites/site2/web/admin/db_mysql.php on line 187

That shows up at the very top of each topic. It duplicates itself whenever another post is posted.
          Last edited by afterlab; Mon 31st Dec '01, 12:24am.

Comment

shouldn't of deleted the smilies or any table at the first sign of a problem

1. restore a backup of your forum in a new database, keep the existing messed up one around don't delete it

2. you're on a raq4 at rackshack.net ? could of been the power outage that caused your database corruption in your mysql table

3. mysql error: Incorrect information in file: './vbulletin/smilie.frm'

means you had a corrupted table definition file for smilie table you don't have to delete that table

4. raq4's use postgres database for some of the control panel functions and The PostgreSQL server is down and cannot be restarted." means you need to restart postgresql, not sure how to do that
            :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
            :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
            :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

1. I cannot create a new database.. Not in phpMyAdmin, nor telnet.

Would you be so kind to look into my telnet server to find what's wrong?

I can PM you my server info.

Comment

Uhhh.. Okay. Well i'll try again.

1. I can't create a new database. Not in phpMyAdmin, nor telnet. Can't even make a backup database. The connection timeouts.
                2. Yes. Sooo..?
                3. Too late, I deleted it.. Trying to find support.
                4. Oh great.

Comment

Originally posted by afterlab
                  Uhhh.. Okay. Well i'll try again.

1. I can't create a new database. Not in phpMyAdmin, nor telnet. Can't even make a backup database. The connection timeouts.
                  2. Yes. Sooo..?
                  3. Too late, I deleted it.. Trying to find support.
                  4. Oh great.
                  well for now i suggest you close the forum and don't touch the database anymore... i rarely have encountered corruptions in the table definition file only in index or data files for a mysql table...

if you can pm me with your server telnet and root password details i'll have a preliminary look
                  :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Your PM box is full!

Comment

Your PM box is full!
                      oh crap

Comment

Your PM Box is full again!

Comment

Your PM Box is full again!
                          doh it is too.. 401 is the current limit

just wait a sec need to clear out some

Comment

Working...
                          X