Date change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date change

Is there anyway you can chnage the date that a post was posted?

Only by directly editing the MySQL database.
    This is the general query:
    Code:
    UPDATE post SET dateline=UNIX_TIMESTAMP("yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss") WHERE postid=xx
    Where xx is the ID of the post you are editing, and yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss is the new date you want for that post.
    Chen Avinadav
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

Didn't seem to work. Stayed the same. Any idea's? Here is what I used:

UPDATE post SET dateline=UNIX_TIMESTAMP("2001-12-23 14:07:02") WHERE postid=1224

Comment

That will only affect the individual post. If you are trying to change the date of the thread you need to do
        Code:
        UPDATE thread SET dateline=UNIX_TIMESTAMP("yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss") WHERE threadid=xx

Comment

That didn't work either. Used the following.

UPDATE thread SET dateline=UNIX_TIMESTAMP("2001-12-23 14:07:02") WHERE threadid=1224

Comment

What's the path to that post? Are you sure you are using the right number?
            Chen Avinadav
            Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Comment

I'm postive thats the correct post, I've even tried it on another. And what exactly do you mean by the path? Just /home/sianews/www/forums/ ?

Comment

Sorry, what I meant was URL (or address).
                Chen Avinadav

Comment

It's here: http://forums.sianews.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=9

Specifically the bottom two messages (they were written before the posted date and due to the nature of my site, they need correct dates).

The other thing I noticed, was that upon running the query again, it said "0 rows affected", compared to the 1 that was affected the first time.

Comment

There is a difference between a ThreadID and a PostID, this is where you are wrong.
                    The PostID for the first post in this thread:
                    http://forums.sianews.com/showthread...&threadid=1224
                    is NOT 1224 (that's the ThreadID), it's 6542.

So you need to re-write the first query to say WHERE postid=6542.

Either case the second query should have worked, I have no idea why it didn't. Are you sure you are using the right database when you run that query?
                    Chen Avinadav

Comment

Originally posted by FireFly

Either case the second query should have worked, I have no idea why it didn't. Are you sure you are using the right database when you run that query?
                      Yep, I only have one.

I tracked downpost 1224 and the date was modified.

Comment

Like I said:
                        Originally posted by FireFly
                        The PostID for the first post in this thread:
                        http://forums.sianews.com/showthread...&threadid=1224
                        is NOT 1224 (that's the ThreadID), it's 6542.
                        The postid isn't 1224, it's 6542. Re-run the query with the right ID.
                        Chen Avinadav

Comment

Thats what I'm doing . Where did you see the postid anyway? I can't seem to find it for the other threads.

<Edit> - Nevermind, I found it .

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X