New User Welcome Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New User Welcome Message

How do I automatically send a welcome message to new users?

I automatically approve everyone (no email verification), but still want to send an automatic email to the new user?

I know this might be simple, but can anyone point me in the right direction?

Todd

It's a hack. You can find it at http://www.vbulletin.org

Amy
    http://www.eaforums.com

Comment

i actually applied this hack a while ago

cant remember who supplied so sorry to whoever did.

in register.php find

PHP:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      // put user in moderated group
      $DB_site->query("UPDATE user SET usergroupid=4 WHERE userid='$u'");

eval("standarderror(\"".gettemplate("error_moderateuser")."\");");
      } else {
      // activate account

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Add after:

PHP:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      $subject="Insert Subject Here";
      $msg ="$userinfo[username],\n\t I just wanted to take a moment to welcome you to our board. (Replace with your message)";
      $DB_site->query("update user set pmpopup='1' where userid='$u'"); // Makes ALL PMs popup for the user
      $DB_site->query("INSERT INTO privatemessage (userid,touserid,fromuserid,title,message,dateline,showsignature,iconid,messageread,folder id) VALUES ($u,$u,(Insert UserID of sender here. Not Name! Number),'".addslashes(htmlspecialchars($subject))."','".addslashes($msg)."',".time().",'1' ,'0',0,0)");

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

for example, heres what i used

// sending new member a welcome message
      $subject="Welcome Aboard"; $msg ="Hi $userinfo[username],\n\t Welcome aboard. My name is Kevin and i run ManUtdChat. On the boards im known as fonzerelli_79.\nIf you are unsure about anything or have any questions about the site and how to use it then please send me a private message or send me an email at [email protected] and i'll do everything i can to help you.\n All the best , fonzerelli_79.";
      $DB_site->query("update user set pmpopup='1' where userid='$u'"); // Makes ALL PMs popup for the user
      $DB_site->query("INSERT INTO privatemessage (userid,touserid,fromuserid,title,message,dateline,showsignature,iconid,messageread,folder id) VALUES ($u,$u,(1),'".addslashes(htmlspecialchars($subject))."','".addslashes($msg)."',".time().", '1','0',0,0)");
      // end of sending new member a welcome message

note this part VALUES ($u,$u,(1), : 1 is my member id number

hope this helps you
      | System 0 |

Comment