Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoAhBoDy
    replied
    I realize this is an old thread, but thought I'd offer my 2 cents...

I see the above error with current IE (6SP1) when the attached files contain non-standard characters like a single quote when used in a possessive tense.
    ex: mike's spreadsheet.zip

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    I have no idea.

Leave a comment:

• toejam789
    replied
    why?

What prevents IE 5.1 from downloading normally? OmniWeb for Mac OS X doesn't work either (for that feature). What gives and is there a way around it?

thanks.

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    Browsers, even the same version, between Mac and a PC are usually vastly different. I would say it has to be something with Mac IE5.1, but I don't know what it would be.

Leave a comment:

• toejam789
    replied
    browsers

We're using IE (5 and 6) on PC - which downloads correctly, and IE 5.1 on Macintosh - which does not download correctly. I thought IE would handle them both the same...

Any help's great.
    Thanks,
    Galen

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    It isn't that the file names are too long but it does have to do with the browser (IIRC). Some browsers don't correctly interpret the file name when downloading files like that. What browser are you using and what other browsers does it not work on? Are they all on Macs?

Leave a comment:

• toejam789
    replied
    New idea

Some of us are running macs... could it be that the filenames are too long for a Mac under OS 9, and that's why everything downloads as attachment.php?

Leave a comment:

• toejam789
    started a topic Attachment Problems...

Attachment Problems...

One feature of our new school message boards is that teachers can post assignments as a word or excel attachment. Everything in terms of posting the attachment works - even our custom icons show up. However, when downloading, the attachment downloads as "attachment.php" totally confusing any person. How can I make it so downloads download as what the original file was? I thought this was working before...

Thanks,
    Galen Panger
    zbths.org
    Last edited by toejam789; Mon 24 Dec '01, 9:17am.