Adding another moderator group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding another moderator group

We are looking at adding a new user group called "Junior Moderators".

This will be a place where members will get their feet wet before becoming full moderators.

What is the best way to set thier moderator permissions? Like if we want them to be able to move posts and edit but not delete?
    PowWows.com

Easy

Go to Admin CP > User Groups > Add

Choose the options you want them to have and which ones you don't want them to have, then save it and go to a user's setup page and choose "Junior Moderator" from the drop down menu.

Have fun!
    Need a job done? Get in contact with me and we'll see what we can work out.

Comment

The Add User Group screen doesn't have the moderator settings? Can I set those for the group? Or only when I add them as a moderator to a forum?
      PowWows.com

Comment

Yes, you set the moderator's privileges when you add them as moderator to a forum.

Comment

When I add them as a moderator, will their user group switch to Moderator??

How can I have another modertor group like Super Moderators.
          PowWows.com

Comment

[Edit] lmao, I gotta read better.

Just copy the settings from Super Moderator to another user group
            Need a job done? Get in contact with me and we'll see what we can work out.

Comment

Originally posted by pgowder
              When I add them as a moderator, will their user group switch to Moderator??
              No. The moderator group is merely for your convenience - moderators are not added to it, you must manually add them to it if you want them there. Conversely, if you have members in the Moderators group and remove them from that group, that will not take away their moderation powers. Moderators can be in any group, including Registered.

Super moderators must be in a group that has 'Is Super Moderator' set to Yes under Usergroups > Modify > group name > [edit].

Comment

Working...
              X