Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems with indicators: new messages or not

Hi there,

I have started my forum ad now people is writting in it normally. But now I have seen a little problem with the new posts or no new posts icons.

I have been working in YaBB during months and there, if you get into one forum and return the forum index, this forum is setted as no new posts. In vbulletin, I have got inside a forum and then in Forum index, but it shows there are more new posts. So I got into this forum again, read all the mesaages and get into the Forum index. Again, the new posts icon. But none had written. So I decided to get inside, read and answer the posts, and coma back the forum index. The icon is still showing new posts in this forum.

I have seen here I had the same behaviour so, it's a bug, it's a not supported feature, or what?

And my second question. I'm understanding now people who get into the forum thru a different PC is not cookied (sure!), and then the read messages are not displayed. My question is: this information is stored in the cookieor could be stored in the server side, so people could get into any PC and have their read messages always? I think YaBB was working in this way.

Thank you!

Currently all the read/unread markers are based off of cookies. Each individual forum and thread is marked in session based cookies and when your session expires, all forums and threads are marked read.

If the developers can figure out a way to handle this without exponential data storage problems then it will most likely be changed in the future.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I tell you because I haven't seen YaBB as a very growing forum with this option. Sure, I don't know how it's handled but you could have a look perhaps!

It would be very nice!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X