PM popup on version 2.21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM popup on version 2.21

That does not seem to work. I sent myself a PM on this forum, I got email notification, it shows on the first page, but it did not give me the popup although that feature was selected in my options....

I got a popup earlier on today.

Which browser and OS are you using?

Comment

I am using windows XP with the latest IE (6.0.26)

I installed the send message hack and that one pops up no problem. So that is not a browser issue. And I even tried with another username on a different PC to send one to myself... No good.
      Last edited by Lionel; Wed 19 Dec '01, 11:38am.

Comment

Hmmmmm. That's exactly the combination I'm using and it always works fine here.

If you view the source of a page when you should get a popup, can you see the code for the popup? (if you don't know what to look for send me the source and I will find it)

Comment

it shows on the code

but it is not popping up

<script language="JavaScript">
          <!--
          function confirm_newpm() {
          input_box=confirm("You have a new private message. Click OK to view it, or cancel to hide this prompt.");
          if (input_box==true) { // Output when OK is clicked
          second_box=confirm("Open in new window?\n\n(Press cancel to open your Inbox in the current window.)");
          if (second_box==true) {
          window.open('private.php?s=','pmnew','width=600,height=500,menubar=yes,scrollbars=yes,tool bar=yes,location=yes,directories=yes,resizable=yes,top=50,left=50');
          } else {
          window.location="private.php?s=";
          }
          } else {
          // Output when Cancel is clicked
          }
          }
          -->
          </script>

<!--
          function CheckAll() {
          for (var i=0;i<document.form.elements.length;i++) {
          var e = document.form.elements[i];
          if ((e.name != 'allbox') && (e.type=='checkbox')) {
          e.checked = document.form.allbox.checked;
          }
          }
          }
          function CheckCheckAll() {
          var TotalBoxes = 0;
          var TotalOn = 0;
          for (var i=0;i<document.form.elements.length;i++) {
          var e = document.form.elements[i];
          if ((e.name != 'allbox') && (e.type=='checkbox')) {
          TotalBoxes++;
          if (e.checked) {
          TotalOn++;
          }
          }
          }
          if (TotalBoxes==TotalOn) {
          document.form.allbox.checked=true;
          } else {
          document.form.allbox.checked=false;
          }
          }
          //-->
          </script>

and

<body bgcolor="#666696" text="#000000" id="all" leftmargin="10" topmargin="10" marginwidth="10" marginheight="10" link="#000020" vlink="#000020" alink="#000020">

Comment

Are you absolutely positive you have JavaScript enabled in your browser? In addition if you have any type of firewall or adblocker software it may be preventing the JavaScript popup.

Comment

I haven't seen a PM popup here or any other forums for a few versions now... Not sure whats wrong, but just not working....

Code:
              <!--
              function confirm_newpm() {
              	input_box=confirm("You have a new private message. Click OK to view it, or cancel to hide this prompt.");
              	if (input_box==true) { // Output when OK is clicked
              		second_box=confirm("Open in new window?\n\n(Press cancel to open your Inbox in the current window.)");
              		if (second_box==true) {
              			window.open('private.php?s=','pmnew','width=600,height=500,menubar=yes,scrollbars=yes,toolbar=yes,location=yes,directories=yes,resizable=yes,top=50,left=50'); 
              		} else {
              			window.location="private.php?s=";
              		}
              	} else {
              	// Output when Cancel is clicked
              	}
              }
              -->
              </script>
              All the code is here on vB, but no window poping up, just check permissions and nothing set to stop it.. Running Win2k and IE 6.0.2600...

I guess chalk it up to an IE fluke
              Last edited by The Prohacker; Wed 19 Dec '01, 9:54pm.

Comment

This *shouldn't* make a difference...however...we're missing the // in front of the -->. Don't think that's changed, however; and I am also on IE6 (now on XP, was on 2K up until last week), but I *am* getting the popups and always have.

Comment

have you change something to <textarea> in template ? like add onload etc

Comment

Nothing was changed

In fact, I have the send message hack installed and that one pops up no problem.

this is a vb problem. I spotted other threads about it.

Somebody sent me a PM from vb.org. Got email but no popup.
                    Last edited by Lionel; Thu 20 Dec '01, 6:58am.

Comment

Not to be argumentative but if it was a vB problem it would be happening to everyone (or at least more than 2 or 3 people).

Keep in mind that the popup will only occur under the following conditions:
                      1) It will only be on the *very first* page view after the PM has been sent to you; and
                      2) You must allow the page to *fully* load, images and everything, for it to appear.

Comment

????

There is a problem with VB. And that is not at my end. I am not the only one. So keep on ignoring it and it will be solved.

Comment

Out of 4 vB boards visited regularly, I only saw this work on 1. Yes, this issue was discussed earlier, but I don't think anyone ever found out the true cause behind this mystery. It is not vital to my enjoyment, so I gave up pursuing the issue. It would, however, be nice to know what is causing this inconsistency.

Windows 98SE + IE 6
                          Windows 2000 + IE 6

Hehehe... I think this is pretty much the only popup on the internet I wouldn't mind.
                          Good luck

Comment

brand new

brand new install, no hacks, nothing was made and it is still not popping up.

Comment

narrowing down the problem

A new style set was installed. When that one is selected, the popup does work.

That tells me the problem is within a template set, not in code.

Questions:

1-Does that popup work on all pages or just frontpage?

2-What could cause a javascript not to execute? I am going to try a javascript: in Netscape to see if it will show an error.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X