Mass purge question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass purge question

Can I leave the forum open for members and still do a mass purge or is it wise to close the forum?

I ask because the mass purge keep coming up with errors. I need to remove 40,000 more message from a range of topics. I removed 11,000 yesterday but took 3 hours.

Any thoughts?

what kind of errors? like these http://vbulletin.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=33734 ?
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

This is the error.

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/ausforum/public_html/admin/db_mysql.php on line 153

I asked VO to adjust it and they told me the server I am on is set to 300 seonds. It still gives me this error.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorg
        This is the error.

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/ausforum/public_html/admin/db_mysql.php on line 153

I asked VO to adjust it and they told me the server I am on is set to 300 seonds. It still gives me this error.
        actually it's a bug which doesn't have a fix for yet but it's outlined in this thread http://vbulletin.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=33734
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

OK, but until they find a fix do I have to shut down my forum to mass purge posts? I mean I can do them but it takes a while and a ton of errors.

See, im running out of space and for my server and need to remove around 70,000 posts. 3 hours deleted 11,000 of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorg
            OK, but until they find a fix do I have to shut down my forum to mass purge posts? I mean I can do them but it takes a while and a ton of errors.

See, im running out of space and for my server and need to remove around 70,000 posts. 3 hours deleted 11,000 of them.
            definitely close your forum so that all the cpu/memory can be directed to pruning rather than members posting/search/replying etc

Comment

Ok, thanks man.

Might do it at 3am, when no one is online.. hmm

Comment

Working...
              X