Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tubedogg
    replied
    It's cool, yes and has been suggested. We are looking at it for v3 but we haven't decided anything yet. Not having looked at it I assume the indenting is just BLOCKQUOTEs.

Leave a comment:

• boatdesignnet
    replied
    I notice that the Gossamer-Threads forum software now has a neat Word-like rich text editor which lets you format by highlighting and even indent. If you use IE you get the Rich Text editor by default but can also set the plain text; if you use another browser you get the simple (standard) post screen. That is really nice. I would love to have the simple current post screen as default but also have the option of an easier 'advanced' editor which would be an option for IE users who are posting longer or detailed posts, or posts with lots of formatting or formulas, etc. That would be a very cool addition to VB 3

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    You can but if you edit the post you have to reinsert the   characters because they are parsed at post time.

Leave a comment:

• Chen
    replied
    I think you can use   in vBulletin...

Leave a comment:

• rylin
    replied
    you could edit the postbit to have the message inside <pre> & </pre>, but that'd mean a slightly less comfortable font

Leave a comment:

• boatdesignnet
    replied
    What was I thinking

Thanks. I think I'll take a nap before doing any serious work

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    Correct. HTML trims everything down to one space no matter how many you have typed.

Leave a comment:

• rylin
    replied
    Re: option to not remove extra spaces?

Originally posted by boatdesign
    I've noticed that some of my members try to post columns of numbers or use spaces to indent and vBulletin automatically removes all but one of the spaces resulting in a jumble. What is the reasoning behind automatically removing the multiple spaces? Is there an option to not remove multiple spaces?
    the reason is html
    put the text inside [code] or [php] tags though, and you'll be fine, eg like this

Code:
    I'm a nice line
     I'm indented with one space
         and i with 5 *yawn*

Leave a comment:

• boatdesign
    started a topic option to not remove extra spaces?

option to not remove extra spaces?

I've noticed that some of my members try to post columns of numbers or use spaces to indent and vBulletin automatically removes all but one of the spaces resulting in a jumble. What is the reasoning behind automatically removing the multiple spaces? Is there an option to not remove multiple spaces?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X