Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Many problems (new replies,new users,new threads ...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many problems (new replies,new users,new threads ...)

Hello ,

I have a big problem with my forums ..

When a user tries to post a newthread (when pressing the submit button) .... , Error msg is displayed . When he/she tries agina ,the thread is posted .

When a user tries to post a new reply , the reply is added to the thread but this is not shown in the forum main page (number of replies to that thread are not incremented,last edited by is not changed) !

When a new user registers with us , he can post even though he didn't avtivate the registeration !

I don't know if there are other problems .... Please help !

What can I do ????!!!!

What version of vB are you running?

Did you upgrade from a previous version?

What is the exact error message your users are getting?

What is the URL to your forums and can you supply a test account we can use to check it?

Do you have any hacks installed?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

hello ,

vBulletin Version 2.0.3

Yes , I upgraded from a previous version (1.1.3 - as I think) .
      But I upgraded before 2 months , and no problems were there !

I chaged the host before a month too ! (no problems untill 2 days ago) !

error message :
      There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience

URL :
      http://forums.c4arab.net

test Account :
      user name : vb_test
      password : vb_test

any hacks installed : NO

Please help

Comment

with regards to problem #1 (new thread error),

go to Admin CP -> Import and Maintenance -> Update Counters -> Rebuild Search Index.

click on "If you are reindexing, you may want to empty the indexes. Click Here to do so!"

After you emptied your search index, reindex.

That will make problem #1 go away.

You might also want to run myisamchk or isamchk on your bulletin board tables -- maybe the other problems are also because of db table corruption (the first one is definitely because of table corruption)

Comment

Sorry, but I can't really tell what's going on in an Arabic forum (don't speak the language.) Clearly though you've made a lot of changes to the templates and PHP files to support the Arabic language, and also you've added some sort of scrolling script at the top of the page. Because the board is hacked it's almostt impossible to see what is causing this problem.

Perhaps you could post the contents of the error message that is emailed to you? That may have the answer as to what the exact error is.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

smachol the scripts are not hacked, only templates edited. It's the same as viewing a BB translated to German with the exception that the page direction is right-left, and not left-right.

The error in posting a new thread (and I assume the same would relate to new reply) is table corruption related, as I said. You could have viewed it in the source of the page.
            It said mysql error was 'cannot open searchindex.myd" or some such.

In any event, I looked at it again just now and it seems to have gone away, so I'm assuming vb_lady reindexed her board, or ran myisamchk on her db tables.

Comment

Originally posted by bira
              smachol the scripts are not hacked, only templates edited. It's the same as viewing a BB translated to German with the exception that the page direction is right-left, and not left-right.
              Some of the language (calendar days and months, for instance) are in the PHP scripts and not the templates. And since these have all been translated on vb_lady's forums, some hacking had to occur.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

the error msg emialed to me is :
                Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: REPLACE INTO searchindex (wordid,postid,intitle) VALUES (70105,24501,0)
                mysql error: Can't open file: 'searchindex.MYD'. (errno: 145)
                mysql error number: 1016
                Date: Monday 17th of December 2001 03:07:27 AM
                Script: /forums/newreply.php
                Referer: http://www.c4arab.net/forums/newrepl...&threadid=4158

And here is another one :
                Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: REPLACE INTO searchindex (wordid,postid,intitle) VALUES (1033,24500,0),(48638,24500,0),(66311,24500,0),(40241,24500,0),(34116,24500,0),(42349,2450 0,0),(35817,24500,0),(44753,24500,0),(125,24500,0),(150,24500,0),(45791,24500,0),(37637,24 500,0),(1562,24500,0),(44819,24500,0),(36715,24500,0),(13682,24500,0),(19404,24500,0)
                mysql error: Can't open file: 'searchindex.MYD'. (errno: 145)
                mysql error number: 1016
                Date: Monday 17th of December 2001 03:03:31 AM
                Script: /forums/newreply.php
                Referer: http://www.c4arab.net/forums/newrepl...&threadid=4210

Comment

Error code 145: Unknown error 145
                  145 = Table was marked as crashed and should be repaired

That's it then! Upload 'repair.php' to your forums directory (it's in the 'extras' folder of the vbulletin2.zip file) and run it from your browser. This should fix that table.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Hello again ,

Is it usefull to update all the counters ?

Comment

Why do you ask? I rarely do that myself.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

"That's it then!"

Am I invisible or something? I think I already told you that was the problem almost a day ago.

Smachol why are you suggesting she runs repair on the search index (which, by the way, won't help) when she should simply reindex her search in the Admin CP?

Comment

You're right bira, I didn't see your post. Sorry about that. No offense meant.

P.S. The name's NOT 'smachol'

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by bira
                            Am I invisible or something? I think I already told you that was the problem almost a day ago.
                            This reminds me of a hilarious sequence from a TV show whose name escapes me at the moment...oh wait, I remembered, it's Friends. Anyway Chandler is there and I think Rachel and Joey are talking and say something about him and he goes "Hello, I'm right here!". They continue talking and say something else and he goes "I'm still here!" and then Joey kind of smiles patronizingly at him and then looks at Rachel (who is standing in front of Chandler; Joey is facing him) and makes this awful face and Chandler just throws his hands up and yells 'ARRRGGHH' or something.

Anyway it's really funny...kind of have to see it I guess.

Comment

heh, I know what you mean tubedogg.

Steve - my name isn't bira either, you know

The thing is - and I am going way off-topic here for a minute - that I am rather taken aback by the new generation of members here, who seem to think that if a reply isn't coming from John himself, or at least someone who is a moderator, then it doesn't count.

I've had three occasions in the last few days where someone asked a question or complained about something and I gave a reply only to be ignored or be rudely replied to. Makes me wonder why I bother.

When I joined here over 1.5 years ago, and certainly throughout the time I was active here, most of the help and feedback came from the community itself. I got help from people who have no official capacity in Jelsoft, and I was very grateful for it. And I'm rather surprised to see how irrelevant those who are not vB officials have become.

I don't think I am going to bother anymore, it's just too insulting.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X