Views not updating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Views not updating?

right.. we had a problem with views not updating as a thread was viewed a while ago, but we disregarded it as table corruption, but now we've got the problem again..

none of the tables are corrupted..

ideas?
    i know for a fact that nobody's been messing with the code for views
    My open eyes see everything, and you see nothing. . .
    That forum

I've just found this same problem in my forums... any help is appreciated!

Comment

Pop open admin/functions.php and look for this one line 5:
      $noshutdownfunc = 0; // #CHANGE ME IF YOU CAN'T USE register_shutdown_function
      Change that to
      $noshutdownfunc = 1; // #CHANGE ME IF YOU CAN'T USE register_shutdown_function

Does that help?

Comment

Is this a bug fix that we should all check for?

Comment

No. Only if you are having this specific problem (view counts not updating) should you change that line.

Comment

I have the same problem but changing that line did not fix it. Also users browsing this forum stopped working at the same time. No obvious corruption in the db. Also repar.php finds no errors in the db but reports that the session table does not support repair or optimisation.

Frugal
            Last edited by Frugal; Fri 14 Jun '02, 5:32pm.

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
              Pop open admin/functions.php and look for this one line 5:
              $noshutdownfunc = 0; // #CHANGE ME IF YOU CAN'T USE register_shutdown_function
              Change that to
              $noshutdownfunc = 1; // #CHANGE ME IF YOU CAN'T USE register_shutdown_function

Does that help?
              I realize this is an OLD post, but I was having this problem again after adding one of who knows how many hacks, and this solution fixed it.

Thank you!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X