How do YOU make YOUR forum grow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do YOU make YOUR forum grow?

I don't know if mods want to make this sticky, but I would at least like a few responses on how you guys get your forums big. I doubt they get big just from building it, because the "if you build it, they will come" never has worked for most people. What types of "tactics" do you guys use to promote your forums and get them big. I seem to be stuck at pissing people off by visiting their forums once and pimping my site. This inturn though can get you a lot of angry people posting on your board as I found out.

Mention your tactics and your forum URL so we can all see just how busy your site is.

Any useful posts in this thread are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Have high traffic sites linking and promoting your forum. Just so happens the high traffic sites that link and promote my forum are owned by me as well
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

I've been out since 1995...

I started a search engine for Hip-Hop sites and i turn people would link to my site.

My news area was more popular than my forums, so I set up my CPS to link to the forum. So if I had an article on Jay-Z, I would I link the article to a Jay-Z link.

If you don't have a lot of traffic, try being active on other sites that have traffic that you like and putting your URL in the signature.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X