Style issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Style issue.

I've created two new styles for my board (http://www.zantetsuken.com/forums/index.php), both different color schemes (images, links, etc.). They are intented to be selectable in the User CP, since not everyone likes the original colors I chose.

The one I implemented works, however, the main forums page changed over to this new style, without me specifying it in my profile. The forums, which I could set a default style to, retained the original colors. (Currently I've deleted the new style, keeping a downloaded backup on my computer.)

Is there some special procedure to follow when creating styles so that the main forums page doesn't default to the new one, or some setting that makes a style the "default"?

when that front page changed to the new style prior to that did you view the new style via &styleid=xx

try going into USER CP -> edit options and see which style you have set for viewing when the front page chanegd without you changing it

what do you see ?
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Ahhh. I've got it now.

I was telling the new styles to use the "Zantetsuken" (default) replacement set. What I didn't know was this forced them to SHARE the replacement set, so when I set all the colors and settings it changed both styles.

I've created separate replacement sets and it works now. Thanks for your help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X