transfer host

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transfer host

I plan to transfer my vbulletin to a different hosting provider.. how can i do it and not lose all my mysql information? thanks

http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ok I'm moving my server and I've followed that info and I can't get the mysql onto the new server. The new server doen't seem to understand the commands that I have to give it on mysql -uUSERNAME -pPASSWORD newdbname < /path/to/dump.sql

I've uploaded the dump.sql to the server, but it does recognize the command. I'm sorry I'm new to this whole moving thing.

Comment

You are putting in your own username, password, database name and path, right? How and where are you entering this command?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yup I did everything by the book. It won't recognize the command.

The new server is a plesk server running on redhat 7.1 if that helps.

I did look on the plesk forums and found someone moving their databse using a different command line, but it couldn't find the path of the file.

Comment

You still didn't say exactly where you were entering this command. Also there are known problems with Plesk. Do a search in these forums about this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X