Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    It has always been that way.

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by freddie
    That is the duplicate post checking which only checks text, not attachments. If you post an indentical reply a post within 5 minutes it will be replaced by your current post. It will also remove any attachment that you may have posted in the first post but will store any attachment that you have specified in the second post. This is done to avoid duplicate posts that occur when people hit the "Submit" button multiple times to to a lack of patience.
    freddie when did this come into effect ?

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    That is the duplicate post checking which only checks text, not attachments. If you post an indentical reply a post within 5 minutes it will be replaced by your current post. It will also remove any attachment that you may have posted in the first post but will store any attachment that you have specified in the second post. This is done to avoid duplicate posts that occur when people hit the "Submit" button multiple times to to a lack of patience.

Leave a comment:

• JTMON
    replied
    I'm running 2.2.0 and just tested this and couldn't reproduce it. Both posts remained, and had their separate attachments, I used the number 1 in both of my posts.

Leave a comment:

• Dotagious
    started a topic Attachment Bug

Attachment Bug

I haven’t updated my profile, but I’m using 2.2.1 but also noticed this on 2.2.0 and the previous version to that. I don’t know a better way to explain the problem except let you see for yourself.

First, create a new thread, or reply to an existing thread.

Post an image as an attachment. Make sure it’s an attachment and don’t use the IMG tag.

In the message field, type any text. For this example, lets use a period.

Go ahead and submit the thread like you normally would.

Now, post a reply using the same process, but use a different image.

After you submit your reply, you will notice that it will copy over your previous post. Your first post magically disappears into cyberspace.

However, if perform this process using different text in the message field for each post, it will not occur. This bug forces users to enter different text (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.) for each post.