Stylesets problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stylesets problem

I have two stylesets on my board, Default and Bavarian. Both are set to be user-selectable. In the vB Options, "allow users to change styles" is set to Yes. For every forum, in Style Options, custom style set is set to Default, and the override setting is set to No.

I have selected the Bavarian option for myself, and I even confirmed through checking the database directly that my profile is set to that styleset ID number. But the entire board, the forums home page, every forum, every thread, the user cp, everything, appears to me in the Default style.

Now I tried setting a forum's custom style set to Bavarian, and indeed it showed up in that style. But if I set my profile back to Default, that one forum still showed up as Bavarian.

My understanding was that if the override setting is set to No, then regardless of what the custom style set for that forum is set to, I should still see it in whatever style I have selected through my profile.

Is this a problem with my board, or is there some other setting I'm missing? I just want people to see the entire board in whatever style they select for themselves in their profiles, and the Default style should be what visitors see, and be the default-selected option at time of registration.
    -Justin "JJR512" Rebbert
    JJR512.com: Chat about anything!

I just tried changing the override to Yes, and it made no difference.

But I believe it should be set to No. The way it is described makes it sound as though the style you specify right above it (the custom style set for this forum) will be forced on all users, regardless of what style they chose in their profiles.
    -Justin "JJR512" Rebbert

Comment

hmmm

did you check each styles properties to make sure they point to the respective replacement and template sets ?
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Yeah, they do.
        -Justin "JJR512" Rebbert

Comment

does the style change when you access both styles via

&styleid=XX ?
          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Yes.
            -Justin "JJR512" Rebbert

Comment

"I just want people to see the entire board in whatever style they select for themselves in their profiles." That's what I said in my original post. I want people to be able to select what style they use. I have both style sets set to user-selectable. Every forum has forced styles turned off. So why is that whatever style is specified as a forum's default is the only style that works?
              -Justin "JJR512" Rebbert

Comment

I think one of the vB Support people will need to look at your Admin CP to see what's going on. Please fill out a support request and be sure to include a username and password to access your Admin CP:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support.php
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X