Smilie bug ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smilie bug ?

Hi. I installed about 300 smilies in my forum... with a couple of hacks about.
    Well, for example one of them is defined as ': p' .... Colon and a 'p'...
    All the smilies called : p-something : (of course witout spaces) aren't displayed correctly, as I obtain -something in the body of the message...

The answer ?
    Should/could I put a blank space for example after the name of the first smile to solve the problem ?
    Or what ?

Should I change the name(s) directly in MySQL DB ?

Thanks
    Bye

I suggest changing the to :P (upper-case P) as the replacements are case sensitive. That should then allow the others to be parsed properly.

Comment

Great! Simple but great!
      Thanks !

P.S.: as you said, are replacements case sensitive ?
      So (cfr. our other thread.... ) should I repeat all the words I would replace with something again and again with different cases (upper, lower, capitalized, etc.) ?

Thnx again.

Comment

{firstALTcolor}

Just testing something...hang on

Comment

Yes, both smilies and replacement variables are case sensitive. So to replace
          house
          with
          home
          you would need to do a bunch of them...
          house
          House
          HOUSE
          hOuse
          hoUse
          houSe
          housE

This seriously needs to be changed...

Comment

... but I can't insert different-case-same-word in the replacement table...
            To the db or even to php (in the admin function), the word is the same.... Only the replacement changes...

Comment

Hmm...As I mentioned this needs to be changed so replacement variables are not case-sensitive. Until then there's not much that can be done.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X