Clear All

• Paul
    replied
    Originally posted by GMYachtsman
    But wait, something is different -- now there is this source code:

at citysailor.com/vb

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
    <HTML><HEAD>
    <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>
    <BODY></BODY></HTML>
    It seems to me that IE enjoys spitting this out as the source when the server sends nothing. Try looking at it with another browser next time. I'm not 100% sure of this (perhaps it's PHP's fault instead), but I'd say about 99.9%

It's been a while since we've encountered this and I don't remember what our testing showed.

Best wishes,
    Paul

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Wordpad is ok. I do all my editing on my Linux server with the pico editor.

Leave a comment:

• GMYachtsman
    replied
    YES !!!

That was it -- first a space at the end and then the obvious (yet so deeply hidden) fact that notepad's putting all the code on a single line after it is saved screws up the computer -- imagine how many other people are suffering from this glich in notepad.

By the way can you suggest a simple text editor I could use with php code?

I used wordpad just now because after fixing it on notepad, it did it again after it was saved (you don't see it until the file is closed and then reopened).

By the way I recently installed a Dreamweaver trial, and that has possibly been the cause of all my php files (and some others) getting green icons with a tiny d in a green circle (I just noticed this). Then they open in dreamweaver when clicked on from windows explorer.

Perhaps that has something to do with the notepad problem, but I am not sure.

Leave a comment:

• GMYachtsman
    replied
    I think with your help, I may have solved it -- I am SO EXCITED!

My stupid notepad text editor keeps on removing all of the paragraph returns from my code and putting everything on a single line. I can't get it to stop. (I don't know how that space got in there too).

So with the ////// and // and //// in the code all on a single line, probably everything is being commented out. So the computer doesn't read any of the code.

Thanks for saving me a week of pure frustration and work! (Or months of my site being down). -

If this is not the problem, I'll let you know in a few minutes!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Yes I read your message. However this problem almost certainly means there is still some white space. This could be because you didn't upload the file in ASCII

Leave a comment:

• GMYachtsman
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    There's still white space in config.php.
    Did you see my repost? -- I got some html -- but still a blank screen.

Does that mean there is another problem too?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    There's still white space in config.php.

Leave a comment:

• GMYachtsman
    replied
    But wait, something is different -- now there is this source code:

at citysailor.com/vb

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
    <HTML><HEAD>
    <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>
    <BODY></BODY></HTML>

Leave a comment:

• GMYachtsman
    replied
    Thanks Steve for the quick reply.

I checked the admin/config.php file and found there was a space after the ?> However after fixing this error, the page is still blank (even after several refreshes).

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Of the files you listed, only admin/config.php is a real vB file. The others are from hacks.

The first thing to do is to make sure there is no whitespace or extras lines in config.php either before the <?php or after the ?>. This is the single most likely cause of blank pages.

Leave a comment:

• GMYachtsman
    replied
    Blank Screen.

I could just cry -- after changing my domain name (but not my server) and moving my vbulletin to citysailor.com/vb instead of right at the .com, the message board was working perferctly. But it was still showing the old doamin name (harborsailing.com) in a few places.

So I download all the files and did a few search and replaces for harborsailing to citysailor. Then I uploaded only these files and all I can get is a blank screen without any source code at all (not even headers).

I changed only these files:

admin/config.php
    archieve/index.php

last10/last10.php (the last 10 are not produces any html either)
    stats/index.html
    stats/usage_200203.html ( a few of these files)

I tried uploading again in ascii, but this didn't help (maybe it was corrupted on the download)

I tried changing persmission attributes to allow execution, but this hasn't helped either.

Is there any way I can fix this problem (I have the sinking feeling that it will take me weeks of trying).

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    Originally posted by eva2000
    no probs.. it was kevin's actual diagnoses that fixed it
    Naturally.

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by Onett
    I think theres been something wrong with my e-mail latley....so I never got tubbedogs e-mail.

I tried re-uploading all of my files and the screen is still blank....so it must be something with the database.

Fixed the problem. I forgot to read the last quote from Eva's post. It actually was the header include, thanks for the help guys.
    no probs.. it was kevin's actual diagnoses that fixed it

Leave a comment:

• Onett
    replied
    I think theres been something wrong with my e-mail latley....so I never got tubbedogs e-mail.

I tried re-uploading all of my files and the screen is still blank....so it must be something with the database.

Fixed the problem. I forgot to read the last quote from Eva's post. It actually was the header include, thanks for the help guys.
    Last edited by Onett; Sun 9th Dec '01, 1:13pm.

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Re: Blank screen

Originally posted by Onett
    Http://www.deadoralive3.com/main/forums/index2.php

It's a blank screen....that came out of no where, it was working fine then it just went....blank.....is there a query or anything I can run to fix this?
    also check your email i noticed kevin/tubedogg has replied to your support ticket
    For some reason your headinclude template is messed up; it includes an HTML comment tag that is opened but never closed, thereby rendering your page unviewable. Check your headinclude template as it looks like it is also cut off partway through

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X