Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blank screen

Http://www.deadoralive3.com/main/forums/index2.php

It's a blank screen....that came out of no where, it was working fine then it just went....blank.....is there a query or anything I can run to fix this?
    Adam

try reuploading the file in ftp using ASCII mode
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Why 'index2.php'? There doesn't seem to be a file of that name on the server.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I took a look at:

http://www.deadoralive3.com/main/forums/index.php

...and got a blank page. The strange thing is that the source shows there should be something there. However there's a lot going on in that source and it's difficult to know what exactly may be causing this.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

make a backup of your custom edited one and try reuploading a fresh index.php from your vB zip file
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Re: Blank screen

Originally posted by Onett
            Http://www.deadoralive3.com/main/forums/index2.php

It's a blank screen....that came out of no where, it was working fine then it just went....blank.....is there a query or anything I can run to fix this?
            also check your email i noticed kevin/tubedogg has replied to your support ticket
            For some reason your headinclude template is messed up; it includes an HTML comment tag that is opened but never closed, thereby rendering your page unviewable. Check your headinclude template as it looks like it is also cut off partway through

Comment

I think theres been something wrong with my e-mail latley....so I never got tubbedogs e-mail.

I tried re-uploading all of my files and the screen is still blank....so it must be something with the database.

Fixed the problem. I forgot to read the last quote from Eva's post. It actually was the header include, thanks for the help guys.
              Last edited by Onett; Sun 9th Dec '01, 1:13pm.
              Adam

Comment

Originally posted by Onett
                I think theres been something wrong with my e-mail latley....so I never got tubbedogs e-mail.

I tried re-uploading all of my files and the screen is still blank....so it must be something with the database.

Fixed the problem. I forgot to read the last quote from Eva's post. It actually was the header include, thanks for the help guys.
                no probs.. it was kevin's actual diagnoses that fixed it

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000
                  no probs.. it was kevin's actual diagnoses that fixed it
                  Naturally.

Comment

Blank Screen.

I could just cry -- after changing my domain name (but not my server) and moving my vbulletin to citysailor.com/vb instead of right at the .com, the message board was working perferctly. But it was still showing the old doamin name (harborsailing.com) in a few places.

So I download all the files and did a few search and replaces for harborsailing to citysailor. Then I uploaded only these files and all I can get is a blank screen without any source code at all (not even headers).

I changed only these files:

admin/config.php
                    archieve/index.php

last10/last10.php (the last 10 are not produces any html either)
                    stats/index.html
                    stats/usage_200203.html ( a few of these files)

I tried uploading again in ascii, but this didn't help (maybe it was corrupted on the download)

I tried changing persmission attributes to allow execution, but this hasn't helped either.

Is there any way I can fix this problem (I have the sinking feeling that it will take me weeks of trying).

Comment

Of the files you listed, only admin/config.php is a real vB file. The others are from hacks.

The first thing to do is to make sure there is no whitespace or extras lines in config.php either before the <?php or after the ?>. This is the single most likely cause of blank pages.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Thanks Steve for the quick reply.

I checked the admin/config.php file and found there was a space after the ?> However after fixing this error, the page is still blank (even after several refreshes).

Comment

But wait, something is different -- now there is this source code:

at citysailor.com/vb

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
                          <HTML><HEAD>
                          <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>
                          <BODY></BODY></HTML>

Comment

There's still white space in config.php.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                              There's still white space in config.php.
                              Did you see my repost? -- I got some html -- but still a blank screen.

Does that mean there is another problem too?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X