Many problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many problems

Among the newest set of problems I've caused myself is that when I upload a stlye, it does nothing. No matter what I do, tell it to overwrite something, or create a new one...it does nothing.

I tried uploading the default style from the vbulletin zip file and it says

"Style Master vBulletin Style Set!!!master!!! imported correctly!

Make sure that you upload any accompanying images too!"

But no new style is there for editing or using.

Each style I try to upload tells me that it went fine but it is not there to use or edit.

That feature scares me....

I think I tried it once and got the same result. Are you using 2.2.1?

Comment

2.2.1 yup

Comment

Re: Many problems

Originally posted by qwaz
        Among the newest set of problems I've caused myself is that when I upload a stlye, it does nothing. No matter what I do, tell it to overwrite something, or create a new one...it does nothing.

I tried uploading the default style from the vbulletin zip file and it says

"Style Master vBulletin Style Set!!!master!!! imported correctly!

Make sure that you upload any accompanying images too!"

But no new style is there for editing or using.

Each style I try to upload tells me that it went fine but it is not there to use or edit.
        if you upload the default style then all you would be able to edit is the default style.. there won't be 2nd new style to update
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Right, but it is unchanged.

I'm saying that no matter what I do, the style is no there to be edited or used or anything.

Comment

Right, but it is unchanged.

I'm saying that no matter what I do, the style is no there to be edited or used or anything.
            you mean styleid = -1 one ?

the master set can't be edited via vB admin only in the mysql database itself
            :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

How would I revert a style, all its replacement variables and templates to the default that comes with vbulletin without going through each individual template, and replacement variable by hand?

Comment

How would I revert a style, all its replacement variables and templates to the default that comes with vbulletin without going through each individual template, and replacement variable by hand?
                you'd have to ask one of the developers

but for a temporary fix you can just create a new style and edit default style properties and point the replacement and template set to the new style

default style properties
                - new style replacement
                - new style template

Comment

DELETE FROM template WHERE templatesetid>0;
                  DELETE FROM replacement WHERE replacementsetid>0;

will revert everything.

Comment