Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Templates problem Question?

Hey,

We recently added 3 new templates to our board and we have hit a slight glitch..

I was going through the members today and it seems that members that have not visited the board since I added the new templates are viewing in them, I was under the impression that if you do not choose a template you will automatically view in default...

Anyone any ideas what is going on here as we want all members to view in the default template unless they choose not to themselves..

Thanks

Lucy

Hello anyone out there to help me here?

LOL

Comment

What happens if those users select Default now?

Comment

If they select default now they go into the default template..
        But they are not starting in that template which they should be..

Comment

Sounds like a bug to me. The mySQL table should tell the tale, but I'm not sure which it is.

Comment

Thought that it might be a bug it is defiantley doing it though as I have been through members that I know haven't been to the board since all the new templates have been added..

Odd very odd.... Thanks for that anyway much appreciated if it is a bug I am hoping that one of the admin here will answer me as they seem rather quiet..

Comment

Check your Defaults Style set - what replacement and Templates sets does it point to?

Admin CP -> Styles -> Modify -> Properties
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hey

Thanks for the reply smachol, I checked what you said and both the template and replacement set is pointing to default..

Any ideas?

Comment

Ok I worked out what is going on here!

Whenever we add a new template it takes over from the default, users that haven't been in and edtied their options to choose which template they want to view in are automatically being shown in the template that was added last..

I am a miss as to why as I have checked everything and it is all as it should be..

Also this is another odd thing, when we view users online and click open in new window to go to a thread that a member is viewing we get a different template!

I have a few hacks installed yes but these where added AFTER the problems started..

Please someone help me out here as it is starting to annoy me!

Thanks

Lucy

Comment

I can't figure this out without looking at your Admin CP. Fill out a support ticket and be sure to give the access info to your Admin CP:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support.php

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks all submitted see how we go..

Comment

Lucy, I can see your support ticket but you failed to include an Admin account (username and password) so someone from support can check your Admin CP.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I know this as I have never let anyone in the Ctrl panel before I need to know what you require from me - I did state this sorry

Comment

smachol,

K all set up with the relavant stuff you need to get into the admin panel...

Hope to hear from you soon about this

Thanks

Lucy

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X