Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been encountering a problem when trying to add an avatar to users. When you log into the usercp and click on 'Change Avatar', a page containing only HTML headers appears with no options for adding or editing the avatar.

I have searched for an answer to this question but only found someone who asked the question and received no replies.

My vB version is 2.2.0
    I am on a Unix box with a current version of PHP.

Help!

Cygnus

What are your avatar settings in the Admin CP? Did you upload any avatars for use by your members?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Steve.

I have uploaded one avatar for testing purposes but I still get the white page. My avatar settings are:

Enable? Yes
      Minimum posts? 0
      Allow uploads? Yes
      Allow website uploads? Yes
      Maximum dimensions? 80
      Maximem file size? 30000
      Height? 5
      Width? 5

Any other information needed?

Cygnus

Comment

Does that avatar show up in your Admin CP? Also is this an upgrade from the previous version? If so, you might want to make sure you reverted the modifyavatar templates in the User Option Templates.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The avatar does show up in the admin cp.

This is an upgrade from a previous version. How do I revert the modifyavatar template... which sounds like my problem...

Let me tinker...

Thanks,
          Cygnus

Comment

Er...

THANK YOU!

Several templates needed to be reverted...

Any idea how this happened?

Cygnus

Comment

You have to manually revert the templates of any custom sets whenever you upgrade. The upgrade process won't overwrite them. Be sure to read the Announcement and installation instructions carefully.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
                You have to manually revert the templates of any custom sets whenever you upgrade. The upgrade process won't overwrite them.
                These weren't custom templates, though. They were in the default template group. These had never been altered at all by me and I am the only admin that would do such a thing.

Any other explanations?

Cygnus

Comment

If you had the option to 'revert' then they were customized at some point.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
                    If you had the option to 'revert' then they were customized at some point.
                    Is it possible a template was altered during an upgrade?

Cygnus

Comment

Nope.
                      There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

Thanks

for the question and answer. I was just notified of this from a member. Seems I forgot to revert

Alls well now !

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X