http://www.myforums.com/forums/mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.myforums.com/forums/mod

I have just upgraded my board and one of my moderators pointed this out 2 me!

I imagine this is some sort of a moderators cpanel! Before I upgraded I didnt allow any of my mods to ban users or mass prune any threads, it looks like this is what feature caters for!

How can I edit the settings for this, and if I were to leave things as they are., can the moderators just mass prune threads and ban people?

If so, does it get logged somehow?

Im completly new to this feature - all help appreciated

Ikram

You can either remove mod/index.php if you don;t want them to have any access at all, or modify the same file to remove specific options. The latter would be a hack so if you need help, check over at vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Just because the option is there does not mean the moderator can actually do the action.

If you allow them to view full member profiles you must leave the folder alone or they won't be able to.

Comment

OK here is how I have my mods set up -

In the 'forums and moderators' part of the CP, I have said 'no' when it comes to banning members, mass move/pruning, viewing IPs.. all the can do is simply edit, delete, move, stick etc.. with the threads/posts!

So as they're not allowed to do the above - am I to assume they cant ban or mass prune/edit any threads from this new mod CP? So it dont matter if I delete the index file or not?

BTW, mods cant see complete profile of users either!

Thanks

Comment

Do you use moderated posting in any of your forums?

You're right that it doesn't matter (assuming No to the above) however I would just leave it in case you turn something on in the future that uses it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X