Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Database backup without telnet - plz help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database backup without telnet - plz help!

Unfortuntatly, i am going to have to move the database my forums run off - the problem is that the host i use dont allow telnet for the hosting service i have.

What they do have are some options in the control pannel - that look a lot like this....

--------------------------------------------------------------------

and this...

i am really not that familiar with MySQL, databases and such - is it possible to backup the database using these tools? Is it possible to backup the database using tools in the VB admin control panel?

Also, i will need to back the database up somewhere on my own computer, as of yet i dont have another host.

Any help here would be VERY much appretiated - i have worked hard to build up my member list and posts over the last month, and really dont want to lose it all :-(

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=34806

If you want to use phpmyadmin ( i have an example) but with yours:
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

ok, i start the database dump, but after about 30 secs- i start getting these errors:-

and then, about another 10-15 secs later, i get a 'The page cannot be found' 404 error

any ideas!?!?

Comment

you can ask your web host nicely to do the mysql dump for you via telnet and ask them to place the sql dump file for you into your account's accessible ftp space so you can download it.
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X