Board running EXTREMELY slow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Board running EXTREMELY slow!

Well I just installed my Vbulletin earlier this morning. It seemed to work great at first, but now it's running so slow people can't even access it most of the time. It seems like it will work for about 1 min out of every 10. Can anybody help me with this??? Oh, and I'm sure it's not a problem with the server because everything on my site works fine, except for the message board.

Thanks,
    Brian
    Spread Peace,
    Brian Gunter

vBadvanced | EDMPlanet

who's your host? It has to be a server side issue maybe their MySQL servers are very slow.

Comment

Is your site hosted on f2s by any chance?

That was always my experience of it.

Other than that, check that you are configured correctly and talk to the admin of the server etc.
      Email: [email protected]
      Site: Under Construction

Comment

And it could of course be your connection to the net.

Comment

yes because if vBulletin works at all then its not the software its the server.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldfinger
            yes because if vBulletin works at all then its not the software its the server.
            It can work; just not be optimized and therefore run slowly or crash the server because of memory use or something.

Comment

My host is run through a company called Bizsuite. And I don't think it's the server because everything else on there works fine. I also had the Ikon board installed just yesterday and had no problems with it, so I don't see how it could be the server.
              Spread Peace,
              Brian Gunter

vBadvanced | EDMPlanet

Comment

Try rebooting the server.

Comment

Um... I'm not exactly sure how to reboot the server. Is there anyway someone could tell me how to do it?
                  Spread Peace,
                  Brian Gunter

vBadvanced | EDMPlanet

Comment

Email your host and tell them your problems.

See what they suggest.

Rebooting is a last option and it you are on a shared host they are unlikely to do it.

Talk to your host.

Comment

Is this virtual hosting or dedicated hosting? and whats the url and what plan are you on?

If this is virtual hosting you are unable to boot the server you will have to call or email your hosting company and request that they reboot it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaizen
                        Email your host and tell them your problems.

See what they suggest.

Rebooting is a last option and it you are on a shared host they are unlikely to do it.

Talk to your host.

Not really, if the host see's that there is a load problem, or all the memory is used up because of something, any good host would just reboot the server for the customer, so they don't loose the other customers on that box also... The downtime on a reboot is uaually only 3 minutes.....

Comment

Notice how you said good host.

Not all of us are on good hosts .

Therefore I decided to make the point anyways.

P.s I am on a gr8 host

Comment

Heheh... well I should have said resonable, as in, they have their heads outa their asses.. I've been on a few that completely suck, and have moved people off some pretty bad ones.. *cough* CI Host *cough*

I'm glad your happy with your host

Comment

Yeah the host im on is horrible the server i am on always crashes so a few months ago i asked them if they could put my site on a different server and they just ignored my ticket and i never got a response . And THAT is why i am switching to Ventures Online.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X