Unhappy With Professional Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unhappy With Professional Installation

After recently purchasing a 1 year VBulletin liscene, I opted for the professional installation in order to be able to access my forums quickly. However, I have now waited over four hours and have had no signs of any advance from a VBulletin staff member. I feel that with the extortionate cost of the service, this wait is unnacceptable.

I have checked with Easyspace, with whom my web site is being hosted, and they have assured me that I have a MySQL database as part of their service. I therefore, do not understand why my 'professional' installation has not been completed.

I apologize if my actions seem a little severe, but I have only a limited time in which to begin my web forum before I deport for my Christmas holiday. I would appreciate any support from a VBulletin engineer.

Thank you,

Del

I am just starting your install now.
    Last edited by JamesUS; Wed 5 Dec '01, 7:11am.

Comment

Thank you for your speedy assisstance. Could you please give me an idea of how long it will take before I have access to my forums?

Thank you,

Del

Comment

I have just tried to access your domain via FTP but it cannot connect - is it temporarily down? Or is there an IP address I can use if the domain has not completely propogated yet?

Once we have this worked out it should be at the most an hour, assuming there are no other problems.

Comment

I have just contacted another division of Easyspace, and it appears that my account will take 24 hours to activate. I apologize for any inconvience this may have caused to you, but also request that you attempt to complete the service at midday tommorrow.

Thanks for your help,

Del

Comment

Del, just for yours, and everyone else's general information, JamesUS and I handle the installations here. We are on opposite sides of the world, and are usually on top of things 24 hours a day, but 4 hours is not a considerable amount of time to give us to get your board installed. IIRC, the installation form says it may take up to 2 days, but we usually (barring problems on the servers) have every installation completed well within 24 hours.

Also, sometimes we get backlogged, and you might not be the first in line, so I ask everyone who orders an installation, give us at least a day to get to you? It's usually much faster than that, though
            Webmaster:
            @forumz

Comment

I apologize if I jumped to conclusions, but after I checked up on other posts on this board, I discovered that Installation on TJF's software had taken 4 days, and I was unsure whether or not I was in the same boat. I think that it would be to the benefit of new customers to make that information on 'waiting time' clearer before they purchase the proffesional installation.

If you could attempt to have my boards up and running by 2:30 tommorrow afternoon UK time, I'd be grateful.

My apologies and thanks,

Del
              Last edited by Del; Wed 5 Dec '01, 11:09am.

Comment

The reason Todd's had taken so long is because mySQL was improperly installed on his server. That's the exception, not the rule

No big sweat on the rest of it
                Webmaster:
                @forumz

Comment

Martin/JamesUS, my account with Easyspace has now been processed, and you should have access via FTP.

Thank you,

Del

Comment

???

Comment

Hi Del,

did you just sign up your domain with Easyspace. If you did domain dns may take between 1 - 5 days to propagate, so you maybe able to reach your domain, but other people around the whole have ISP's who have yet to register the change.

If this isn't the case, I apologise.

I'm sure Martin and/or James will get back to you as soon as possible.
                      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

I've spoken to Easyspace, and they have assured me that my account if active, and that I could upload using FTP. I don't know if the VBulletin software needs other specifications as I know little about the language used, but as far as I am aware, my account is active.

Thanks,

Del

Comment

Originally posted by Del
                          I've spoken to Easyspace, and they have assured me that my account if active, and that I could upload using FTP. I don't know if the VBulletin software needs other specifications as I know little about the language used, but as far as I am aware, my account is active.

Thanks,

Del
                          Yes i understand, did you provide James or Martin with an ftp servername? was this the domain or ip address of your account ? If it was domain name, that domain may not have propagated to Martin's or James' ISP provide so they might not be able to access your domain until their ISPs update their dns to point your domain to Easyspace's server.
                          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

I am doing your install now.

Comment

Your install is complete - you should receive official notification via email in a couple of minutes.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X