Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

upgrading from 2.2.0 -> 2.2.1 should i do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrading from 2.2.0 -> 2.2.1 should i do it?

Is this worth it, will i lose all my mods/hacks/settings and users db and msgs if i do? I don't want to be able to start my site all over, please help me someone...

Yes, you will lose any hacks but any custom templates should not be touched. Read the instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=33426
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Re: upgrading from 2.2.0 -> 2.2.1 should i do it?

Originally posted by dumbakaydo
      Is this worth it, will i lose all my mods/hacks/settings and users db and msgs if i do? I don't want to be able to start my site all over, please help me someone...
      also remember to BACK UP your forums first
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

an easy way to backup my vbulletin db is to copy the entire contents of my vbulletin folder and save it somewhere else right? im using windows by the way...

and let me get this right, to upgrade all i do is copy my old vbulletin2.2.0 db over to my new 2.2.1 folder, and then run the upgrade14.php script right? thats all?

Comment

Copying the contents of the vbulletin folder will not copy the database. To backup and restore the database, check the instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

To upgrade you upload all of the 2.2.1 files to your server overwriting the old ones then run upgrade14.php.

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
              Copying the contents of the vbulletin folder will not copy the database. To backup and restore the database, check the instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html
              how do i telnet into my system, my site is not hosted, the webserver and mysql server is all running on my machine, so is there an alternative to doing this? cant i do it thru the admin cp by backing up my db? will that work?

Comment

Re: Re: upgrading from 2.2.0 -> 2.2.1 should i do it?

Originally posted by eva2000
                also remember to BACK UP your forums first
                eva how do you make your sig like that, can you show me your code plz... =) thanks

Comment

By "all files" you mean?

I've seen a lot of threads on upgrading say to upload "all files", but install.php, or they say "all files in the upload folder", or "all files except this or that". could someone be more specific as to exactly which files.
                  do i need the mod folder?
                  the images folder?
                  the extras folder?
                  are there any files i need from any of these folders?
                  my neices named me "geek", it has nothing to do with my computer skills, and i really would like to avoid any complicated fixes in a failed upgrade attempt.
                  thanks in advance.
                  Last edited by geek; Mon 10 Dec '01, 7:05pm.
                  Set a good example to a child.
                  Visit www.jerrybuilt.com often.

Comment

All files, except:

the /images folder and subfolders
                    install.php
                    upgrade10.php, upgrade11.php, upgrade12.php, upgrade13.php

Comment

Re: Re: Re: upgrading from 2.2.0 -> 2.2.1 should i do it?

Originally posted by dumbakaydo

eva how do you make your sig like that, can you show me your code plz... =) thanks
                      http://vbulletin.com/forum/misc.php?s=&action=bbcode
                      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X