'Send me an AIM message" icon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Send me an AIM message" icon?

Is it possible to set it so that an icon appears in posts, or profiles, that a person can click on, and open up an IM box for AIM, which will be directed to that particular person?

I beleive you could make this a request at vbulletin.org for a hack. It would require hacking
    Board of the Month: November
    Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
    Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
    vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

Templates -> Modify -> Post Bit Templates -> postbit

Find the line <!-- $ post[aimicon] --> and change it to $post[aimicon].

Templates -> Modify -> User Info Display Templates -> getinfo

Find the line <!-- $ userinfo[aimicon] AIM ICON - remove comments --> and change it to $userinfo[aimicon].
      Last edited by Craig Armstrong; Sun 2 Dec '01, 3:23pm.

Comment

I knew you could do that, but is there a form that will allow you to remotely send aim messages?? That will only show their aim screenname/online-offline correct?
        vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

Originally posted by Sinecure
          I knew you could do that, but is there a form that will allow you to remotely send aim messages?? That will only show their aim screenname/online-offline correct?
          If you click on the AIM Icon, it pops up a box where you can send that user a message, add them to your buddy list, or join their chat room. I think this is what he wants?

Comment

That would be correct, never done that actually. Never been a fan of aohell, I meant aol

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Armstrong
              Templates -> Modify -> Post Bit Templates -> postbit

Find the line <!-- $ post[aimicon] --> and change it to $post[aimicon].

Templates -> Modify -> User Info Display Templates -> getinfo

Find the line <!-- $ userinfo[aimicon] AIM ICON - remove comments --> and change it to $userinfo[aimicon].
              So youre just saying basically to remove that space between the $ and the word 'post' ????

Comment

Originally posted by NSeXcellent
                So youre just saying basically to remove that space between the $ and the word 'post' ????
                And uncomment it. Yep.

Originally posted by Sinecure
                Never been a fan of aohell, I meant aol
                Sure you did.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Armstrong

Sure you did.
                  Thanks man.. worked like a charm! I'm a little confused about that second part you posted though.. can you possibly IM me on AOL and give me a little help? Thanks...

Comment

Its just a matter of removing the comment tags around it so that the HTML parses it.

<!-- COMMENT HERE --> is basicly just an HTML reference, the HTML will just be ignored thats in there.

COMMENT HERE , without the comment tags it is now parsed, w00t! hehe lol

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X