Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Register form used for other parts of site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Register form used for other parts of site?

I'm wondering if anyone has ever used the register form that comes with vbulletin to allow a user to their site register for not only the forum (username and password) but also the rest of their site. What I have is a forum on my site, and another area that people need to register a username and password along with their e-mail address. Rather than have them have to register twice, I'd want them to be able to when they register to use the forum, it dumps that information into the database for the other part of the site (or vice versa). Can anyone give me any pointers in doing this?

The website is at www.cavbooks.com if you'd like to check it out. Areas of concern are at "list a book" section and "CavTalk" section.

Thanks guys!
    Justin Sharry

Well I know what you are going to have to do on each page.
    You will have to include the logincode and logoutcode template on this page, so if they aren't logged in they will have login to get access. You will also need to include global.php way up top

As for the actual including of the database, I have no idea how to do that, I'll leave that up to eva and friends
    Board of the Month: November
    Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
    Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
    vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X