Paid Membership. No banners.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paid Membership. No banners.

I want too introduce something where Members pay $5.00 monthly and will get special features.
    One special feature will be too rome the board, advertisement-free.

Any suggestions on how too do this?

I think the only way to do this would be to have a 2nd style, which is "not" user selectable. When they pay their membership you will automaticly have to select that style for them via the admin panel. This style will be advertisment free.

Or you could have a hack, that if they have they are under a certain class, example :Membership, that they would be able to select the style.
    Board of the Month: November
    Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
    Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
    vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

Actually if it is not user-selectable you cannot assign it to the user either.

Another admin got around this by making the style user-selectable but removing the style selection bit from the registration and options templates.

Comment

http://forums.paintballcity.com/

They have a paid membership option on their board. (which in fact is an awesome board.) maybe talk to the owner and maybe pay him to hack your board for you?

Comment

I wonder if it would be possible to change the styles selection from a drop box to radio buttons. Then manually put in only the user selectable styles in the template. Save the ad-free style for selection via the admin panel. I wouldnt mind having that option.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X