User Groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Groups

I was sick and tired of folks registering and downloading files and never posting. So I set up a new user group called Newbie. My groups are as follows.

Newbie 0 -5 posts
    Junior member 5-10
    Member 10-50
    Forum Regular 50-100
    Senior Member 100+

Now in the forum (Announcements) that has the password to the download area. I custom set the Newbie permissions to (cannot view). Thing is when someone registers with the forum they are given the User group MEMBER ???????? but the title Newbie. I tested this out and they cannot view the forum, but I thought they would have been put in the Newbie user group on registration, any thoughts.?

We have a special usergroup for new members as well. We use registration moderation and when new members are approved, they automatically go into the regular member group. Each and every one of them has to be moved to the jr. group manually after approval. They also have to be moved to the regular group manually after they have fulfilled requirements.

I guess this is similar to your situation? I don't understand why your new members in the regular group cannot see your announcements forum. Seems they should have the same permissions as the rest of the group until you move them. Maybe I am misunderstanding.

Comment

There is no option to place people into a certain User Group based on their number of posts. It sounds like all you did was modify User Titles. This won't do what you want - you'd need to find a hack for that. Check over at vbulletin.org.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Users are automatically put in usergroup 2 when registering...you can change this in register.php.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X