Cookie naming question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cookie naming question

I notice that when a cookie is created for a user, it is named as follows: [email protected]

I'm curious to know if there's a way to have vB name the users' cookes without the 'www'?
    In other words, name them as: [email protected]

I beleive, (correct me if I am wrong), but if the user logs in from www.domain.com it will write the cookie with the www in it, and if they just go to domain.com then it will write without the www.
    I may be wrong, but thats my understanding.
    Board of the Month: November
    Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
    Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
    vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

Sinecure is correct - the cookie is written differently if the user goes to www.domain.com as opposed to domain.com and you may also find that if you go to and login on domain.com you will not be logged in on www.domain.com or vice-versa.

You can make it use a specific domain (although I don't know if this will override the www) by going to vBulletin Options > HTTP Headers > Cookie Domain and set it to
      .domain.com
      (note the two dots).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X